Windows 10 Microsoft Account - "password is incorrect"

Original title: Windows 10TP-Cant log in

I installed Windows 10Tp, and when I go to the log in screen, and type in my microsoft account log in info, it tells me that my password is incorrect. I have changed my password, but its still not letting me log in. Is there something I am missing?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Mikes,

Thank you for choosing Windows 10. Sorry to hear that you have an issue with logging onto Microsoft t Account.

Do you have any other user account on your computer?

Disconnect the computer from the Internet, try logging onto the computer using the old password and check the issue status.

If the issue still persists, connect the computer back to Internet, try logging onto the computer using both passwords (old and new) and check the issue status.

I would also suggest you change the password one more time and check the issue status.

What to do if you forget your Windows password.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need further help.

25 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello

I have the same problem!

I changed my password and tried to go offline, but windows 10 says i have to be online for the 1st activation!

Nothing works, do I reinstall windows 10 or what can I do?

Thanks

759 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Original title: Windows 10TP-Cant log in

I installed Windows 10Tp, and when I go to the log in screen, and type in my microsoft account log in info, it tells me that my password is incorrect. I have changed my password, but its still not letting me log in. Is there something I am missing?

I'm having thr same issue logged in fine yesterday and now it tells me it's wrong. Going to try and update before I reset my passwor. Will update after its installed the updates

31 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I did finally get logged in, after trying for over 2 hours. I had to log into the computer domain, like what I would use to reinstall Windows. Once I done that, everything kicked in. Since then, I havent had any issues what so ever with logging in. Everything updated on its own, and is working perfectly.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I did finally get logged in, after trying for over 2 hours. I had to log into the computer domain, like what I would use to reinstall Windows. Once I done that, everything kicked in. Since then, I havent had any issues what so ever with logging in. Everything updated on its own, and is working perfectly.

Well its just finished updating and I've logged in no problem did take a couple of minutes to log 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i am also not able to login in windows 10 i had installed in my another laptop previously windows 7 suggest me what i do to login in windows 10

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Kunal,

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in responding.

This issue might have caused due to many reasons, such as when there is an updates that needs restart or when you change the password from the website and then not getting synced. Before we proceed with the troubleshooting steps, I would like to know some information about this issue.

1. Have you changed your password recently?

2. What happens when you enter the password?

3. Do you get any error code or error message? (Are you getting the same error as Mike received?)

4. Have you tried to sign in to Microsoft Account on the website?

In this scenario, as a first steps I suggest you to restart the computer and then try to sign in and check if you are able to sign in.

If you are still not able to sign in then try signing in to the Microsoft Account from the website and check if you are able to sign in there. This is to check if the issue is caused due to any Account or account password related issues.

If you have forgotten your Microsoft Account password, then you may try the steps in the Microsoft Help article that Ganesh has provided in his response.

Please reply with the status of the issue so that we can help you better.

Basith M
- Forum Moderator (Multiple Forums)

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I know this feed is a little old, but in case someone comes across it like I did, this was my problem and a resolution I didn't see anywhere else...

Problem:

I loaded 10Tp onto a laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium with a local account that was not password protected. When I launched 10, I was asked for account name and password, which DID NOT work with previous login info, or my MS account, which kept telling me the info I entered was incorrect. I knew for a fact I was using the correct login info, as I used it to login to view this forum.

Solution

I launched the troubleshoot menu by holding shift+ clicking restart on the login window, then reset to factory settings. Once this completed, I was able to walk through the entire initial setup, including new user account creation. I am now able to access the user profile I set up, no problem.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would like to toss in an additional item along this thought...

Windows 10 cannot create an account if it is Office 365 for Business. Only the retail version of Office 365. What's the story here?

Creating a business operating system that can link directly with a users business Office 365 ecosystem will be awesome. As of now I do not see this as an option. I was able to sign in with my personal Microsoft account. Lacking the business 'out of the box' user account capability is a bit deflating.

Am I doing something wrong? If this feature is not available? Please explain the reason, and if this is going to be added in.

As a PS I know I can install the OneDrive for Business client, but I want as much of the Windows user experience to be wrapped up with their business account, not personal.

Thoughts?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft what is the password of defaultuser1 and defaultuser0

36 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 23, 2023 Views 89,594 Applies to: