File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe Error code: 0xc000000e

Initial impressions of windows 10 are positive but unfortunately i am not getting a chance to really use it as after 2 or 3 boots i get a blue screen with this message

File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Error code: 0xc000000e

Dual booting windows 8.1 and windows 10 preview on 2 separate hard drives and can boot back into windows 8.1 no problem.

i have not installed any new hardware ( in fact i have removed any hardware that is not necessary ). i have installed no new drivers or any software of any kind.

any ideas please?

thanks,

gary.

Question Info

Last updated October 16, 2019 Views 219,793 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Windows forums.

I understand that you are getting an error code” 0xc000000e” and unable to boot to the Windows 10 TP. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I will assist you to resolve this issue. You can try the following steps to attach a screenshot.

This error usually occurs if the Windows Boot Manager (Bootmgr) entry is not present in the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store or the Boot\BCD file on is damaged or missing.

If this is a recently built new PC and you are unable to boot in normal mode, let’s try the following steps booting from an installation disc or USB and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Let’s perform startup repair and check if that helps.

a. Insert the Windows installation DVD or USB and boot Windows from it.

b. In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on‘next’.

c. Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d. Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:

You may try to rebuild the BCD booting from the disc and follow these instructions:

a. Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8 from it.

b. In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on‘next’.

c. Click on Repair your computer.

d. Click on Troubleshoot and then selectAdvanced Options.

e. Click on Command prompt and type the following commands and pressEnter after each command:

Bootrec /fixmbr

Bootrec /fixboot

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

f. Restart the computer. Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Please post back if the issue persists and we will be glad to assist you further.

479 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Gary,

Glad to know that you have resolved the issue. We really appreciate your effort to resolve this issue.

Please post back if you have any issues related to Windows and we will be glad to assist you further.

202 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.