Build 10162 Issues

I am experiencing many problems in this build.

• Cortana isn't working for me although in Australia. My region is Australia and language is English (Australia)
  • In Event Viewer I am getting multiple errors concerning Cortana like:Under 'Applications':

Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error: The application cannot be started because it is currently updating. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Under 'Systems':

Unable to start a DCOM Server: CompanionApp.App.AppXd70q285y9yf126fg7srgst0m5akck63d.mca as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:

"317"

Happened while starting this command:

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\backgroundTaskHost.exe" -ServerName:CompanionApp.App.AppXv4axz086ba63t4eeat5x71dh3ak9xq76.mca

• In Task Viewer under 'Systems' I am receiving the error:

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}

and APPID

{316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}

to the user DESKTOP-NOMNOFB\abcan SID (S-1-5-21-4279567524-2911264271-1817063915-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.4.8.112_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy SID (S-1-15-2-1861897761-1695161497-2927542615-642690995-327840285-2659745135-2630312742). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

This error repeats constantly at least 20 times.

• I can't update some apps.

This isn't really a related issue but some insight would help

• All external devices (except monitor) appear to disconnect after startup. All the lights on my keyboard and mouse turn off and are unresponsive. I've reconnected everything and still nothing happens. I'm not sure if windows actually is frozen and I have no way of testing because the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive. This happens after a certain time after startup. I have to do multiple forced restarts until I get lucky and the computer works normally and doesn't freeze after that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2018 Views 2,223 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description I understand the issue that you’re facing with, I will make sure to help you with this issue.

As Windows 10 Technical Preview is still in development stage, you may expect some compatibility issues as of now and some features or settings might not work as expected.

I would suggest you to follow the below Methods and check if it helps:

Method 1

Make sure that “Allow apps to use my location” option is enabled. Follow these steps to enable it.

1. Press the “Windows + W” on the keyboard.
  2. Then type “Allow apps to use my location” without quotes in the search box and hit ENTER.
  3. Turn on “Allow apps to use my location”.
  4. Then turn on “Let apps use my location” option.

Method 2

If still the issue persist then, we recommend running the following PowerShell script to re-register the new Store:

1. In the Search box, type CMD
  2. Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator
  3. In the command prompt, enter the following command:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

If the issue persist I recommend you to update to the latest build 10166 to resolve the issue:

Refer to the blog:

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/07/09/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10166/

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Thanks.

Regards,
Yaseer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, thanks for the reply

Unfortunately Windows + w doesn't do anything for me, it only makes a noise like the one when you change your volume when your on the desktop, it doesn't even do that with things open. I've turned of location services for all apps in settings,Cortana wasn't one of them. I also tried your second method but in Cortana's settings it still says that 'Cortana isn't supported in the region and language you've selected.' I've set receive builds to fast and is checking for updated now. I'll get back to you when I've updated to build10166.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I apologize for the delay in response.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to follow the methods provided below:

Method 1:

If you have installed any third party Security application, I would suggest you to disable it temporarily and check if it helps.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 2: Perform Clean Boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.