WINDOWS 10 Preview Build 16275.RS3_170822-1423 Lost my programs and settings emails everything

Like the subject says, Installation went without a hitch.. but i lost everything like it was a fresh install. Cannot revert back to previous build , i ve tried to do a system restore, and into safe mode. (recovery) what can i do now.. thanks also i found i post from another user with similar situation.

http://windowsreport.com/windows-10-build-16275-bugs/

How did you do the install?  Was it a Windows update or another method?
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Insider preview build.. FAST RING.. CAME AS AN UPDATE. WHEN I TRY TO OPEN CERTAIN PROGRAMS IT WILL SAY SOMETHING IN BLUE AND IE COPY TO CLIP BOARD.. WHEN I TRY TO DO A RETURN TO PREVIOUS BUILD... IT SAYS TO REMOVE ANY NEW ACCOUNTS ..BUT THERE' AREN'T ANY NEW ACCOUNTS .  I'm hesitant to try anything in fear of removing my settings and files.. and hoping for a "This is sure way to fix it," kinda approach. I'm thinking when a new build is released, (fingers crossed) my settings will return.. My programs have disappeared from taskbar , and start screen. My emails are connected to my programs. The edge browser finally quit crashing after opening.. but my settings were at default.. and had to redo my settings in edge.. Sorry for the caps..

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

If you make a backup of your system when it's working properly and before you update to the latest build you shouldn't have a problem if the new build is faulty. It's a bit late in present situation but worth bearing in mind for the future.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

If you make a backup of your system when it's working properly and before you update to the latest build you shouldn't have a problem if the new build is faulty. It's a bit late in present situation but worth bearing in mind for the future.

GREAT words of wisdom!  There're plenty of good free backup programs, and you can buy external 1 TB hard drives for around $50.

And by the way build 16278 came out yesterday.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2018 Views 62 Applies to: