How to personalize your lock screen in Windows 10

Technical Level : Basic

Summary
Windows 10 includes updates to many aspects of the user experience. Functionality included in the operating system to personalize the user experience has also been updated. A new Settings applet makes it easier to access common options to make your Windows 10 PC more fun and unique. In this article, we take a look at customizing the lock screen.
Details

When you start your Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 PC, you are first greeted by the lock screen, a picture that hides your sign in screen. You can customize this picture by using an image from your personal collection or one of the stock photos bundled with Windows.

Windows lock screen.

Customizing your Lock Screen

Click Start then click Settings or press Windows key + i

Click Personalization

Click the Lock screen tab. In the window, you will see the default background which Windows uses. To customize it, click in the Background list box. Select Picture, then select a picture you would like to use or click Browse and select a picture from your library.

Thats it!

Forum Article Info

Last updated November 15, 2018 Views 68,707 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I tried this process and it doesn't take affect.   I tried  personal pictures and windows default pictures and it still does not work.   Annoying.

Is your Windows 10 installation activated?

How to activate the latest Windows 10 build

Also, have you tried creating another user account and see if you can customize it?

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com
My Win10 is activated, but whenever I try to change the lock screen, the preview doesn't load, and it stays at the default lock screen.

I can't change my lock screen photo. It says in Settings: "Some settings are managed by your organization." How do I change this so I can change my picture?

My computer says that Windows 10 Home is activated. I really don't want to create another account; I have too much stuff under my current account that I would have to transfer over.

Same problem here.
Same problem here.  I have an activated version of Windows 10 Pro, public release, upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro.  And all of the Lock Screen personalization functionality is grayed out.  My account is local administrator.
i had 2 select the pic and then restart my pc then select it again 4 it 2

work

Is there anyway to set the lock screen to the Bing image?

what do u mean?

Bing changes their home page every day with a new image.  Lantern is asking if we can set the lock screen to do that.