DPI issues latest Build 14257

Updated to latest release and found ACT! v18 no longer scales properly on Surface Pro 4. Previous build worked well with dpi fixes added to ACT! but now I cannot get it to work at any scaling factor. Did MS change the scaling in this version? DPI problems are both developer and MS problems and I am so tied of each blaming the other without fixing the problem. Productivity has become a big problem trying to fix these persistent problems.

If someone has a fix for this or can guide on what has to be deleted or reset to get it going I would be grateful.

Hi Rennie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in display adapter settings.

I suggest you to try updating display driver in the device manager and check if it helps. 
1. Press Windows Key + R Key.
2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.
3. Expand Display Adapter.
4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Already did that and also checked the driver version. Everything is okay, except intel drivers are clearly buggy or there are major hardware issues with the new chips.

Something changed in this build. Same problem on Surface Pro 2 and Surface Pro 4. The only fix was to roll back to previous version. Reflects a long time issue with dpi on older coded programs.

Time to stop the blaming game and get together for a fix. It works against productivity. 

I have reported on the Feedback App.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is still an issue. Had to roll-back to previous build. Reported it on both Feedback APP and on the Swiftpage ACT! Community Forum. It was confirmed.

I certainly hope MS is documenting the changes to DPI in on-going builds. If not it is going to break a lot of programs that stuggle to work on hi dpi computers and screens.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2018 Views 70 Applies to: