will i be forced to accept windows 10?

I downloaded windows 10 shortly after it came out but I was very dissatisfied with the way it worked and went back to 8.1.    some months later I tried it again.   a pop-up claiming to be a windows update came up.  when I clicked on it my computer was infected with ransomware that crashed my computer when I wouldn't pay what they wanted.  I have had all the experience that I ever care to have with windows 10.  it is slow, my games don't work well, and the security is a joke.  no thanks but if it is my choice I will never have windows 10 again.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

You are not forced to accept Windows 10. You  can easily reinstall your Previous OS, and it will work fine.

Where written  "a pop-up claiming to be a windows update came up. when I clicked on it my computer was infected with ransomware that crashed my computer when I wouldn't pay what they wanted."

Hardly Microsoft's fault if you had infections on the computer that claimed to be from  Microsoft. Not having good enough protection to start with or not keeping your computer clean is not the fault of MS.

Windows 11, The Guessing OS.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Discussion Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 38 Applies to: