What we Expect about Windows 10 on the Interface, Design, and other things..

Hello All Insiders, and also Everyone :)

Today I had the idea to talk with us about What we Expect About Windows 10 when it Releases.. whenever it does, about the Design, User Interface and these things.. Lot of us expect different kind of things, like waiting to add features, or remove them, or also change and modify lot of things.

Most of us may doesn't expect anything, but I want to share my Ideas about What Windows 10 should get, remove, improve, and change. starring with the..

Personalization and User Experience on Windows.

Lot of us knows that one of the Biggest changes on Windows is the System Interface (UI) and its one of all these things people like, but also dislike One of these things its the Metro interface which was added with Windows Developer Preview. Most of people doesn't like it because wasn't so useful for PC's which hasn't a Touch Screen, which was something Microsoft forgot about, and also I think It should get better, for the use of all the ways possible, like Mouse Keyboard, Touch, Voice, Smart Moving recognition (Useful for people with great HD Cameras, or Kinects), and also a Xbox Control. The Idea of the Start Screen was a merge between the Windows Phone 7.5 and 8 Start Screens, and a little apport from the Xbox Dashboard, but most of people dislike it, in the was wasn't so useful in non-touchscreens.

In My Opinion Microsoft Should merge more the Xbox One Dashboard with the New Start Screen, and also a little with the Start Menu, adding more useful Tiles, and removing the word "Start Screen" Replacing it with you Microsoft Account tag and replacing the actual Microsoft Account tag (where you can Find Lock, Change Picture, and Sign Out) with the Windows Flag and the Icons for Turn Off, Search and Notifications, I mean, think about it, how many people would not like to run something on their computers which would looks like an Xbox? (yes I know lot of people may doesn't because the may doesn't like Xbox or Prefer PlayStation but still) and replacing the horrible Squared Notifications, by the ones like they appears on the Xbox One, like when you get a new Achievement, or a message on Skype, using the "Home" key to access easily to it, or the XBOX Key from an Xbox Controller, or the Hand or Mouse just clicking it, would it be amazing no? a amazing combination from Xbox.

Another thing Microsoft should do its make the Notifications Area better, Actually (on Build 9879) the Notifications area its so Empty, and its only good when there's notifications, and these things, but would be a good thing Idea to merge some of the things that appears on the Charm bars there, like "Mute Notifications" (and let you decide how many).

Smart Notifications (to get only from some apps), (a link to get on the "Settings" app directly to the Notifications section, and also an area to decide if you want to display the System Tray outside of the Taskbar or inside the Notifications Area, would it be amazing no?

Microsoft also shouldn't let people modify where they want the System icons on, because lot of people mess up with that, and some apps fills so much the System tray the System icons sometimes gets confused with the, One of the Important things on Windows which its also the best things that any OS can replace or copy its the Windows Taskbar, useful for everything, everyone, but since Windows 8 came, its loosing lot of things, and here its my ideas of what to Add, or remove to the..

-Taskbar

Starring by (On Metro Apps), To convert the Taskbar into the Metro Menus (you know.. on Windows 8/8.1 these menus which appears on bottom and sometimes on topmost of the Screen while on Metro apps, from right-clicking the app, or just swiping, and make the taskbar the new Menu for them, in the way they would replace the whole buttons and everything in the taskbar, and make them all the options for the apps, like on Camera App, the "Switch camera" option, and these things, and since the menu its used, the switch back to taskbar with everything on it like it was before making the menu appear. Also replace the actual Search Button, and put it on the final of the taskbar, the button for the "Show Desktop/fade desktop" would now be the "time", which would display a clock in a side, with time and everything about time and date, if you click it, would display the calendar like it does when you click the clock, and there would be a button for display the desktop, and also for Metro Apps, as everyone knows when you open a Metro App, it displays the horrible square for the thumbnail on the taskbar, and then blank space around it, they should be more like fill the whole Button with the color the Publisher selects.

Another Important thing lot of us Missed on Windows was the Start Menu and not talking the actual one, We're talking about the Win7 Start Menu, which now its an hybrid merging Windows 7 with 8 about the Menu, there is where i want to go, The Start Menu (like I would do it), Lets take the Actual Windows 10 Menu (Build 9879), and lets replace the "All Apps" button, taking half of it, and making the another side (the one in opposite way to the arrow) to another menu I'd call "All Tiles", where the Start Menu would expand a little more, showing all tiles from where we can drop them into the actual Metro Tiles side of the Start Menu, the Win7 Menu would contain 5 Recent apps, 5 Built-In apps, and in the topmost the Account tag, where you can easily switch from users like Xbox One does when you switch user.

Lets talk about the Windows Intro, the Login Screen, and the Lock screen.

-Intro

the Actual Windows Intro its the Metro Windows Flag, a little upper than the center, in light blue, with a "Loading" animation under it, in my Opinion, Windows Should Start Like Xbox One Does, and also its like all Apple Devices does (iPhone, Mac..) centering the Windows Logo on White Color on the center (as I said, like Xbox One does), or making an animation where the flag separates from lot of tiles, and making the 4 Windows flag ones keep on screen, than from the flag the flag moves saying next to it Windows), and then keep there 5 seconds, and then back to the Flag alone in the center.. would that looks better?

-Login Screen (Logon)

This is very important on Systems like Windows, where actually looks disgusting, in my opinion, For Multi-Accounting PCs the Default background should be a solid-black background, and then when you press a user, the background should changes to a blurred version of the actual Background for the selected User, the Blurred background doesn't really needs the Aero App, can be easily a already blurred picture, and then when you succefully logger in, put the Normal background, the Taskbar appears from the bottom, and icons on the desktop fades on. In my Opinion this is how i'd do it like.

-Lock Screen (from Windows 8/8.1)

the Lock screen on Windows 8 was a good thing introduced and also missed, but can be even better, if the clock where on the center, on the bottom, like its already, but on the center, with the Date next to the clock (Like in Tetra Lock Screen for Windows Phone it looks like) all the missed notifications would display down the date-time, without asking you for which ones you'd like to see, there icons can be clickable, and if you click them, the password screen will appears, after unlocking, the App you clicked on the lock screen of the missed event would automatically appears with the missed event.

now lets talk about the Windows Explorer, Layouts of Windows and Metro-Windows, and Apps Windows miss.

-Explorer

we All know the Windows Explorer, some of us may experience it since XP, others from Vista, others from 7, or others doesn't know what Older versions of Windows Explorers was like, but we all know the Explorer is the only thing that never get worst on Windows, it always got better and better, but there's lot of things it keeps missing, or more to add, like the new HOME Section Microsoft just added, that Section, should display your Microsoft Devices connected or Active, like a Home Group, but this way, would it display's an example, a Windows Phone if its On, and if it has a Data Connection, Where you can move stuff, translate, or delete from, even if isn't connected to the PC, a Xbox One if its Online, to move or Install Games and move Music and stuff there, like Xbox One SmartGlass does, another PC if its Online, to move Stuff you want (Of course if both PC's are Online) and also install Programs, and ALSO if Both PC's has the same App Installed and the same Architecture, and lot of requirements more, to move a Window from one PC to Another, like WPM, from a Laptop, to a Desktop, without having to close it, or even restart it, Making the Home a Real HOME for Move Stuff Across ALL your Online Microsoft Devices.

there would also appears a tab for 5 (or more) recent stuff, and a tab for frequent stuff (like Music or Apps). on My PC a Tab for Libraries (Music, Pictures, Etc..) Inside these System Folders, an Icon for (if the App its installed) Launch the App (like on Music, it would Launch Xbox Music), a tab for CONECTED DEVICES, and a Tab for Disks (or USB's)

-Layouts

Microsoft Always changes the UI for Apps every time a new System Operative Releases, except for Windows 8 to 8.1, but as well its the same thing, but for Windows 10 Should be like an example, making, at least the Taskbar with Aero back, and Changing the Buttons for Close, Maximize/Restore and Minimize, and also adding a new one called Full Screen for resizable Apps like IE, and not changing the UI for the Metro Apps, making where the little thumbnail on the topmost of a window is, replacing it by the "Charm bars" new menu, and that same menu for Windows than inside has a "Menu bar", so there could be more space for the Windows, and when you click it, it will shows around the title bar (where buttons and these things are) the menu, and you can double click so it won't hide.

And Finally.. -Windows Apps

Microsoft deleted lot of apps since the new "Metro Apps" were launched, but they should improve these Metro Apps and make them more stable, like Skype, the Windows Store, and lot more, and making ALL Devices able to have their own Desktop for run Desktop Apps, (like on a Surface RT, or on a Windows Phone) and making these apps even better.

so Guys this is one of all the things I except that should be added to Windows 10, What you think about it? Do were good ideas, or bad ideas on my Expects? If you Guys have interesting Ideas to add feel free to add them :)

Microsoft needs to make Windows Better and we can make them open their eyes and see what users waits for.

Comment what you think about Windows 10, what you expect, what you liked of my ideas, and what not, and also what I missed, or should change :)

Sorry About the error with the old Post, it get an error while Posting.. its now Fixed :)

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

You probably should add paragraphs to your text. Nobody will read that wall of text.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Too hard to read as one long discourse.

One glaring error, Win 10 is not being released in April. It isn't due out til  late Summer or early Fall.

Also not everyone is into XBox.

Please mark my posts as answers or helpful if they are.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I agree needs paragraphs, after reading first few lines and losing my place I stopped
If it ain't broke don't fix it

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I agree needs paragraphs, after reading first few lines and losing my place I stopped

Agreed

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry About the error, I first make the whole text ina way to be readable, but when I start the comversation, it finish like this, i'll fix this.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

@Kantdiego - Windows Insider

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, it was an error with that, its already Fixed

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for taking the time to do such a thorough overview of your observations.  I like your suggestions - have you also made those suggestions in the Windows 10 feedback app?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I've done lot of Feedbacks on the Insider Feedback App, I'm very active on the side for suggesting those things on the Feedback App, I'm waiting until the Build 9888 releases, so I can get more ideas and suggestions, even if I already almost know what that Build comes with, I still waiting for it.

Other way i still with this 9879 getting everyday suggestions like that one :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Another thing I would add would be to have progress bars or a percentage shown - either way, too often windows is doing something (such as downloading or installing an update) and as far as I can tell maybe the computer has locked up.  I generally look to see if the hard drive light is flickering to ensure it's actually doing something and not just frozen.  It would be better if there were some sort of progress indicator.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 201 Applies to: