sync two windows 10 computers

I want to fully sync two windows 10 computers.  I laptop at work and a desktop at home (both seem to run windows 10 fine)  I want a way to do this, I keep finding articles about syncing documents or using SkyDrive, but I want it all.  Applications, games, documents etc.  Anyone else want this too?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Let me assist you with your query.

Are you referring to desktop apps and games or apps and games from Windows Store?
Windows store apps and games will be synced but not desktop programs.

To sync documents from your PC to OneDrive, you need to enable 'Save documents to OneDrive by default' option.  If this feature is enabled the saved files in documents will be saved and synced automatically.

1. Press Windows logo+ C keys together to activate Charms bar and click on Settings.

2. Click on Change PC settings

3. Click on OneDrive > File storage.

4. Enable Save documents to OneDrive by default.

When you sign in with a Microsoft account, your PC is connected to Microsoft servers online(cloud). 

Your personal settings and preferences are stored in OneDrive, and are synced to any PC that you sign in to. For example:

>Your Start screen layout, chosen colors, themes, language preferences, browser history and favorites, and Windows Store app settings are synced between PCs.

• >You can get to and share your photos, documents, and other files from OneDrive, Facebook, Flickr, and other services on all your PCs without signing in to each one.

Refer to the article:
    Sync settings between PCs with OneDrive

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows-8/sync-settings-pcs

(Note: Steps from this article also applies to Windows 10 Technical Preview).

Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

• 38 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes this solved a majority of my questions with desktop settings and document and probably a few others that I will find eventually.  Thanks you.

Also would it be too much to ask to see if there is a way to start playing a game (from the Microsoft store) on one PC and then continue playing it on another device?

I chose the first one that showed up that day Royal Revolt 2 and played a few times then went and loaded up Win 10 on the other computer saw that it was listed in the programs list so installed it but found my game to not be continued.

Possible or not?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Glad it helped.

Also, to answer to your query about playing the games, you cannot continue a game from where you have left on another PC.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Glad it helped.

Also, to answer to your query about playing the games, you cannot continue a game from where you have left on another PC.

Hello RajithR.

I'm playing this game on my Windows phone 8.1, Royal Revolt 2, and the developers says due to some restrictions on Windows plataforms, they cannot add the sync functionality between the Windows plataforms, so I cannot continue my progress on Windows PC. Look:

http://forum.royalrevolt.com/index.php?/topic/4-the-official-royal-revolt-2-technical-faq/

Is this going be changed with the future updates to the Windows family (Windows and Windows Phone 10)?

Thank you.

Bye.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

You can use the Windows Feedback app to send your thoughts directly to the teams building Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-how-to?ocid=tp_site_howtopage&#how-to=tab6

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If I use the cloud as default, will it still save in my documents on pc?

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi,

I want something more, i am wondering is it available to doing something that also all application sync to each other.

for example you use multi tab web and you close it at home. so you go to work and when you open explorer you see home open tabs. and also other thing. like you are at same computer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rasoul,

As of now, the option you're looking for is not available. To help our developers better improve our services, we recommend that you send us your suggestions using Windows Feedback app. Here's how: 

1. Click Search/Cortana. 

2. Type in Windows Feedback and press Enter. 

3. Follow the on-screen instructions. 

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi,

I want something more, i am wondering is it available to doing something that also all application sync to each other.

for example you use multi tab web and you close it at home. so you go to work and when you open explorer you see home open tabs. and also other thing. like you are at same computer

I run a little herd of PCs and I use Onedrive to sync all important data.  I know this is not what you had in mind.

I also put Teamviewer, the free edition, on every PC I own or I am called on when there is an issue.  I set it up that I can get onto the other PC with the password known to me which means the other PC needs only to be ON. 

I realize this in not exactly what you are looking for but might be something of interest until something better comes along.  I currently act as "Bill Gates" to my real estate guy who only wants a PC that works and not interested in how it works.  We are separated by an international border for the winter but matters not.  I get an email or phone call and his PC needs only be ON and I can fix his issue as if I was in front of the PC.  I can even transfer data from my PC to his PC so I do not even have to use the cloud to perhaps install programs to the other PC.

Let the games continue.

Mel (the other one)

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 9, 2021 Views 47,107 Applies to: