Snap an App - Windows 10

I'd like an option to load the Metro Start Page into "Snap an App," when I hit the Windows Key; probably in the Control Panel or Settings, somewhere easy to find.

Ideally I'd like to keep my desktop loaded in a large section with the ability to load two (or one) more smaller app windows on top of each other on the right for a total of three windows. My desktop is still my main workspace and I customize my window views here. I'd like to be able to load all the intermittent interruptions, email,, skype, etc., into the right side without having to alter the customized window dimensions on my desktop.

I'm not technically skilled enough to load the preview yet; I'm more of a GUI/end user/ease of use person.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

I guess the software conversation I'm looking for is about the display and interaction of applications and information. Windows has all the pieces, even the ability to resize screen views (hopefully app/applic views) in Windows Media Center.

For me, the desktop is the power interaction side - full functionality full customization

The app side is the uniform, simple display side. In between is the dividing line (Snap an App), which can be slid either way. After work, my pc is nothing but Net - so the desktop side doesn't always use the maximum display space. When you visualize it replace the desktop applications with Netflix, Media Center, Paint (see P.P.S.)

This doesn't mean that apps can't be as powerful as applications, but I'm not a programmer; don't know the options. For now I think of it as the fully customizable side and the uniform box side, which is uncluttered, slightly customizable, and PRETTY!

I even like the fact that I have two versions of Internet Explorer - the desktop research side where I load folders full of websites on my Favorites Bar, and the simple side, where I click on a link in my email and a simple window pops up, a visually pleasing window that doesn't interfere with my research side.

I've never been more excited about an operating system than I have been about Windows 8. The potential is HUGE, but conversations have to be had.

1. Desktop Customizations - Multiple Desktop Views? Desktops on Multiple Screens? Can we save a Desktop View once and never have to customize the windows again?

2. App Side - How apps fit in boxes. How many boxes - 2, 4, 6?

3 How many monitors. Three is common on Wall Street.

4. Tablet integration. Can we Extend our desktop to our tablets? Can we load Function palettes (think of all the editing options in Adobe Photoshop, taking up visual screen space). Can our tablets become an additional operating mechanism, a la the gaming world?  

5. All the program implications - IE, Office, Adobe etc.

6. Can app views be loaded/customized on the desktop?

PS. Whatever happened to the Paint App demo in which a paint brush was used to paint onscreen. I've never been able to do that. How do I make that happen on my pc/tablet? Can I rotate my laptop screen. I lose valuable visual display space every time I view a Portrait Photo.

I won't bug y'all after this unless someone wants to talk.

Have Fun!

P.P.S. - This is off the top of my head brainstorming. Focus on the concepts. Don't get caught up in my words. I'm a Wall Street Geek,, so my native language is numbers. :-)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Discussion Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 1,349 Applies to: