Windows 10 does not shutdown/sleep/hibernate. The screen turns off but computer remains powered on and the machine has to be manually powered off by holding down the power button for a number of seconds.
Steps I have tried include (not in any specific order):
- Creating a shutdown shortcut as described in http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/not-my-laptop-shuts-down-windows-10/50a4f02d-3791-4b55-9c8a-94047f8c30ee
- Running the System Maintenance troubleshooter, no errors reported.
- Running the System and Security/Power troubleshooter, no errors reported.
- Testing shutdown/sleep/hibernate in safe mode. Safe mode reports an "unknown hard error".
- Tried performing a clean boot. Resulted in the "unknown hard error" again.
- Ran the SFC tool, sfc /scannow. No errors reported.
- Applied latest updates. Error with NVidia driver, but this was already updated according to the NVidia GeForce Experience software so disabled the specific update in Windows Update. No further update errors.
- Ran "Powercfg -requests", results "None"
- Successfully ran DISM (Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth)
- Followed the steps for fixing sleep as described for Win 7: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976877
Running out of ideas what to try next. This is my second installation attempt at build 9926 on Asus G75V laptop. Originally an upgrade from Windows 7 Home followed by an in-place upgrade.