We’re aware and investigating reports of users saying battery life consumption is much higher than expected on the following phone models: Lumia Icon, 930, 830, and 1520.
To help aid in our investigation, we’d like to collect some additional logs from some impacted users. If you’re running build 14366 or greater on the Insider Fast ring and have one of the phone models mentioned above, please follow the steps below.
Setting up Field Medic app:
- Download and install the Field Medic app from the Store.
- Launch Field Medic app.
- Tap Advanced > Choose which ETW providers to use.
- Deselect all options except for "Power_ScreenOff" and “UxAppPlatform”.
- Return to the advance page, and tap on Configure system log and crash dump options.
- Enable Include power logs.
Using Field Medic app:
- Ensure that all apps which are known to be heavy battery users, like camera, navigation, games etc are closed.
- Launch the Field Medic app, and tap Start Logging.
- Navigate away from Field Medic and use your device per normal for about 20 minutes to an hour.
- Once complete, go back into Field Medic and tap Stop Logging.
- Now Field Medic will take some time to generate and collect all the necessary logs. Once the collection is complete, a dialog will appear for you to enter some basic information about your logs. Fill in the report title and repro steps. Tap the Save icon to save the report locally.
Finding and delivering the logs:
- Please provide us with the zipped logs that are stored on the phone under the folder Phone > FieldMedic (accessible with a PC) with a description of anything that the investigation teams may find useful.
- Let me know when you have logs ready and I’ll reach out via a Private Message for collection from several of you.
And, as always, thank you!