Build 14295: BEWARE Safe Mode

Just a heads-up with Build 14295 (and, I believe, the previous build).  Safe Mode is broken with this build to such an extent that you might get stuck in it.  In my case, the screen kept flickering as something cycled over and over again.  I could click on nothing (not even my shortcut to MSCONFIG that I keep on my Desktop).  I finally managed to bring up Task Manager by doing a CTRL-ALT-DEL and then browsing from there to my MSCONFIG shortcut so I could get back to regular mode.  I don't know what the problem is, but looking at Event Viewer, it seems to be network related:  I've got over 8000 of these:

DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service netprofm with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
{A47979D2-C419-11D9-A5B4-001185AD2B89}

and over 3000 of these:

The Network List Service service depends on the Network Location Awareness service which failed to start because of the following error: 
The dependency service or group failed to start.

Again, I don't know if that's really the problem.  The important thing is that you're aware that Safe Mode is dangerous in this build.

EDIT:  I just checked my Reliability Monitor and also show almost 500 of these:

Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.14295.1000, time stamp: 0x56ecd3d2
Faulting module name: pnidui.dll, version: 10.0.14295.1000, time stamp: 0x56ecde7d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000205c5
Faulting process id: 0x604
Faulting application start time: 0x01d18769199a66de
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\pnidui.dll
Report Id: dcb98d68-7a9e-4397-9683-310f3b5fa072
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Discussion Info

Last updated August 5, 2018 Views 294 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Can you post info about your system as I just tested 3 of my system in safe mode with no problems all of them are Dell's Optiplex 760 and 780 all using E8400 CPU's.
I'm a unpaid independent Advisor/volunteer

On the one hand, it's good that this isn't a prevalent problem.  On the other, I've got it :) .  Anyway, I'm in Linux right now, so here's what's what on this system (ignore the Linux specific stuff):

dave@dave-mint ~ $ inxi -F
System:    Host: dave-mint Kernel: 3.19.0-49-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Cinnamon 2.8.7
           Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa
Machine:   System: ASUS product: All Series
           Mobo: ASUSTeK model: GRYPHON Z97 v: Rev 1.xx Bios: American Megatrends v: 1304 date: 07/11/2014
CPU:       Quad core Intel Core i5-4590S (-MCP-) cache: 6144 KB 
           clock speeds: max: 3700 MHz 1: 3024 MHz 2: 2932 MHz 3: 3000 MHz 4: 3096 MHz
Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA GM204 [GeForce GTX 970]
           Display Server: X.Org 1.15.1 drivers: nvidia (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,nouveau)
           Resolution: 1920x1200@60.0hz
           GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 352.63
Audio:     Card-1 NVIDIA GM204 High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel
           Card-2 Intel 9 Series Family HD Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel
           Card-3 Texas Instruments Audio Codec driver: USB Audio
           Card-4 C-Media CM108 Audio Controller driver: USB Audio
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k3.19.0-49-generic
Network:   Card: Intel Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V driver: e1000e
           IF: eth0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: 78:24:af:32:8e:b3
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 496.1GB (11.1% used) ID-1: /dev/sda model: Samsung_SSD_850 size: 256.1GB
           ID-2: /dev/sdb model: SanDisk_SDSSDXP2 size: 240.1GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 46G used: 6.6G (16%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda5
           ID-2: /home size: 99G used: 12G (13%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda7
           ID-3: swap-1 size: 16.00GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda6
RAID:      No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 29.8C mobo: 27.8C gpu: 48C
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
Info:      Processes: 192 Uptime: 13 min Memory: 1511.9/7927.7MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.28 

And from the Windows side of things:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview
Version 10.0.14295 Build 14295
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name GRYPHONZ97DAL
System Manufacturer ASUS
System Model All Series
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU All
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1304, 7/11/2014
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.14295.1000"
User Name GRYPHONZ97DAL\dales
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.94 GB
Available Physical Memory 6.62 GB
Total Virtual Memory 9.19 GB
Available Virtual Memory 7.94 GB
Page File Space 1.25 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Unfortunately, I tried Safe Mode in 14295 before seeing this post to troubleshoot another problem and got the blinking also.  Had same problem in 14291. I learned my lesson in 14291 though and entered Safe Mode this time through Troubleshooting option.  So when blinking problem was still there, I was able to get out quickly by doing a hard shutdown.

пробуй обновить bios на 10 свой

Because I had not tried safe mode on this build, I decided to try it. Used Task Manager and entered safe mode with networking no problem. Edge doesn't work but IE11 does fine.
Wired & Retired Old Mig15 pilot & build Monster
Sidewalk Labs, a sister company of Google, has published its plans to build a smart city in Toronto, sparking fresh controversy.
Thanks for the info I see it's a ASUS MB seems that those boards are having more problems as I've seen a lot of posting where that brand has been posted as the Dell's that I have being older using Intel seem to work, well it's one for MS and ASUS to work on, I hope other if having this problem post info about the systems, again thanks.

Hello Joe

This is completely off topic.  I know we can't share email addresses, but could you let me know of your whereabouts?

I am based (living the dream) in Scotland (but I was born and bred in London, England).

I am curious to know because you seem to be online around the time I am, and I am nosey enough to ask.

Just sayin' .....
I apologize, Joe.  I meant to mention in my post that I'm using a Toshiba Laptop that is an upgrade from Windows 7. The problem did not occur until 14291 and I've been around since 2014 through many many builds.

Hello Joe

This is completely off topic.  I know we can't share email addresses, but could you let me know of your whereabouts?

I am based (living the dream) in Scotland (but I was born and bred in London, England).

I am curious to know because you seem to be online around the time I am, and I am nosey enough to ask.

I'm in the USA the state of New Mexico, as I'm on most of the time in the AM local time which I believe is about 7 hours difference from your local time, and this brings up a topic that I've posted back in the early days of internet before the WWW came into play, as being the internet is world wide and more or less  instance  that we need to make a internet time such as greenwich mean time so when we are all on the net we would use that time instead of local time, as you can see it never got adopted.