Window 10 is it the worst operating system ever?

I'm thinking this may well be the operating system to finish Microsoft forever but is it that bad???? I'm thinking YES yes it's that bad why oh why would you put a cell phones operating system in a PC???? fill it with apps that nobody wants or needs? include new program's that can NOT be removed? You set your defaults to open movies & music but even then this damn Windows 10 is asking would you like to open this fill with another program like a Microsoft one???? **** it's not even funny Bill this SUX!!!! 

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Having a bad day are we ???

As of writing you been a insider member for 2 hours, and rubbishing W10.  Hmmmm The insider program where you are posting is for testing new builds, which will be refined  and released to the public at a later date. The majority of the Apps CAN be uninstalled is you want, or more to the point know how. Re the programs asking which  to open with -- Why don't you set it so it doesn't -- Easy enough.

All the points mention -- obviously don't have or don't want to have the skills  to remove / alter, and setup to work how you want it.

W10 is customable to suit - just have to have the knowledge on how - The insider program is NOT designed for users who need spoon feeding.

Windows 10 - Never a dull Moment.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

You have posted to the Windows Insider forum where we are testing new unreleased builds of Windows 10 to assist Microsoft in future releases.

Download and install the preview only if you
Want to try out software that’s still in development and like sharing your opinion about it.
Don’t mind lots of updates or a UI design that might change significantly over time.
Really know your way around a PC and feel comfortable troubleshooting problems, backing up data, formatting a hard drive, installing an operating system from scratch, or restoring your old one if necessary.
Know what an ISO file is and how to use it.
Aren't installing it on your everyday computer.

Being an Insider may not be the best choice for you.

Windows 10/11 Insider since 10/02/2014
Never Give Up!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been using the insider build for a while now it's not going well.....................shall we start by saying the power button does NOT work the Windows defender does NOT auto update & is constantly telling I must scan my PC? the set defaults does NOTHING but waste time as Windows persists on asking whether or not I wish to use my default player? Apps WHY? programs I don't want that can't be removed???? Mate this is a lemon END OF!!!! 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Press the Windows key on your keypad and x at the same time then you can shut down or sign off. This is a known issue and you are among hundreds that have posted to this forum, so you are not alone. We are hoping for a new build by Tuesday to solve this issue. This was also posted in the Feedback Hub with the release of this build.

Use the Windows Update troubleshooter to repair Windows Defender updates. What programs do you not want? Most programs (Apps) can be uninstalled or disabled in Settings which in this build crashes which is a known issue. Beta builds tend to be buggy and we were forewarned.

Again this forum is for beta builds currently at 14905. So what build are you on. Run winver and let us know.

Windows 10/11 Insider since 10/02/2014
Never Give Up!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

14905 I'm finding it impossible to remove any windows programs other than internet explorer but this helps little as  the browser Edge  that won't stop running in the background even though I've never used it? Groove player ? Film & TV? Edge? Xbox etc none of these can be uninstalled by the usual means neither can that painful Onedrive!!!! Shall I  mention the pop up panel of you know what Action centre that you click but does nothing? Hey Window 8 was terrible 8.1 not much better but this 10 well it's something else roll on a full install of Window 7 Pro I can live with that!!!! just

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Why don't you like an honest opinion? This system is full of fault's if we don't tell you not going to improve it are you? or is that your point? are you not interested in what the consumer thinks of this operating system? Oh and yes I do know what an ISO file is and I can use it. 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think you're wasting your valuable time.....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can't uninstall the apps bundled with Win 10 so that makes it the worst OS ever but can live with Win 7!!!!!

If you were actually a Windows user then you would know that uninstalling the apps bundled with Win 7 was similarly problematic.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Like I said I can live with Widows 7 Pro I can't live with this & from the sound of your comments I am wasting my time expecting Windows 10 the get better right? As for the apps problems WHY yes WHY are you even putting cell phone apps on a PC's operating system in the first place?

p.s I only mentioned Windows 7 Pro because it was the last half descent operating system NOT because I really like it. 

Oh p.ss I started with Windows 98 by the way I've seen many a operating system & like 80% of consumers I'm not impressed with the latest offering from Microsoft.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Gotta love the comments LOL

1st "like 80% of consumers I'm not impressed with the latest offering from Microsoft."

Care to provide links  with REAL proof to the 80% statics.

2nd. "I've been using the insider build for a while now it's not going well" 

2 Hours ?

Insider builds are meant buggy, beta and not fully functional. Its only when they get close to public release that they come more stable.

If you cant handle those types of faults don't use insider builds as its not your cup of tea so to speak.

Question:  How long have you actually been using insider builds which are full of bugs as mentioned above. Your profile says an insider for only 2 hours and to use insider builds you have to have a MS account ?

Heres the proof going by  the profile:

Windows 10 - Never a dull Moment.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 11, 2022 Views 644 Applies to: