17046 IP: Anyone else getting 'dirty' shutdowns reported in reliabilty history from normal shutdowns AND normal restarts?

17046 downloaded and installed flawlessly.  All was well until I restarted the computer in the normal manner.  It restarted in the totally familiar and expected way.  What I didn't see until later checking the reliability history was that it was recorded as a Critical error, "Windows was not properly shutdown", aka a dirty shutdown.  To make sure, I restarted again.  Sure enough, the same exact scenario, "Windows was not properly shut down".  We all know that there were shutdown issues with the last two builds doing this for normal shutdowns, but now restarts too?  How the devil do we fix that?  I did send it in to FBH.  Here is the link if anyone having the same issue wants to upvote.  https://aka.ms/Fdh54n

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

just noted in another response to windows live that my second restart locked up.  on the first restart windows was still responding slow to clicks for websites etc so rebooted.  that one locked up and I had to restart the computer.  computer is running fine now and responding normally.  chas
cak

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

You are correct it has been happening for the last 2 builds but it does not seem to cause any real problems so far and it may just be a glitch.

I Upvoted your Feedback and left a comment.:)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You are correct it has been happening for the last 2 builds but it does not seem to cause any rear problems so far and it may just be a glitch.

I Upvoted your Feedback and left a comment.:)

Thanks Cal54!  I experienced the problem before on the last two builds with shutdowns, but the restart issue is new to me, here on this machine.  Here at least, the problem is worsened to include restarts.  At least one of my UWP Store Apps is also having issues, Simple Solitaire.  Windows Defender's Device Performance and Health caught it too.  Using the App reset didn't help, and using Device Performance and Health's troubleshooter couldn't ID the problem, nor did the Settings, Windows Store App troubleshooter.  I'll file an FBH problem report on that one tomorrow.  It's called Beta for a reason.  It is what it is until it's fixed.  🤞 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft is updating Solitaire and I had a message that things might have a few problems for a while.:)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft is updating Solitaire and I had a message that things might have a few problems for a while.:)

That'd be their Solitaire Collection, the X-Box version.  I far prefer the Random Salad Games, LLC version, Simple Solitaire...just a card game with the waterfall at the end of the hand, just like the version built in to all the prior versions of Windows, before we got 'serviced'.  😜

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the same thing but in details the time shown refers to the shutdown during installation. Subsequent restarts have been OK.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the same thing but in details the time shown refers to the shutdown during installation. Subsequent restarts have been OK.

So yours straightened itself out. Good to hear.  I wonder if it's processor or chipset related?  Mine does it every restart and every shutdown.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So yours straightened itself out. Good to hear.  I wonder if it's processor or chipset related?  Mine does it every restart and every shutdown.

I spoke too soon. I've just done a restart and got the same message. It doesn't seem to have affected anything though.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I spoke too soon. I've just done a restart and got the same message. It doesn't seem to have affected anything though.

No damage I am aware of either, just the improperly recorded shutdowns and restarts putting the reliability index in the toilet.  SFC says all is well, but not a single troubleshooter can find anything.  Oh well.  Back to the important things in life.  Happy Thanksgiving!  👍

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 119 Applies to: