Windows 10 Update Error 0x8024201c

I'm running Windows 10 build 9879 dual boot with Windows 7 on a HP 64 bit laptop. Both versions of Windows are running smoothly and as expected. I'm on the fast track and downloaded the latest build. However, when I try to install the new build I get and error message 0x8024201c that says something to the effect that "Installation cannot be done now. Try again later". Keep trying with now success. What to do now??

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2018 Views 2,693 Applies to:
Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your reply. This post is to mention a method I used to try to upgrade from build 9926 to 10041. I downloaded and ran the 10041 iso and tried to upgrade. It modified my system somewhat (different startup GUI graphic) and my desktop to some extent - added some release notes and removed my forum shortcut) but I still have build 9926.

Sorry this didn't help.

Additional Information: I ran Windows Update and build 10049 was downloaded and took about 3 hours to install. I will be using the new Spartan for internet browsing.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am on build 10041 and have been trying to get 10049 but get this same error over and over again no matter how many times I try to upgrade. No clue what this error means or how to get unblocked.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm running Windows 10 build10049 and am now getting error 0X8024401c when I attempt to use the new Settings method of manually updating the system and I know why. My system is joined to a domain, which has a GPO which directs update requests to the internal SCCM server. With the removal of the old Windows Update control panel, the option to go directly to Microsoft for updates (instead of the internal SCCM server) was removed. The new Settings methods doesn't give one the option of choosing the update source. Also removed is the ability to choose which updates are installed (and which aren't).

I hope Microsoft plans to fix this soon, or bring back the ability to use the old Windows Update control panel.  In previous builds I was able to bring back the Windows Update control panel using a registry change which doesn't work with build 10049. 

The ability to override the domain GPO settings and go directly to Microsoft, and choose which updates to install is an imperative in my environment since we have a number of systems which must be patched manually, and due to software compatibility issues some updates can't be installed or the they break required production software.  

I really hope this isn't the final design of the update process since it really represents an impediment to the adoption of Windows 10 in it's present state.     

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue with the 0x8024401c error on Windows Enterprise. I am currently running 10049 and am looking to upgrade to 10061. How can I fix the issue?

I have been looking for the iso to 10061, but it's not available as far as I can tell.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.