windows 10 installation error 8024402F

hi iam using windos 8.1 pro with 4gb ram 200gb disc space but an error ocured 8024402F any suggest me

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2018 Views 465 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue you are facing while downloading your Windows 10 update.

This issue occurs due to the following factors:
1. Connection interruption between your computer and windows Update service.
2. Corrupted Windows Update Temporary folder.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows key + C to bring up the search Charms bar.
  2. Type Troubleshooter and click on Troubleshooting; click on the Settings tab below the search box.
  3. Click on the Find and Fix problems tile and then click on the view all button the left pane.
  4. Click on the Windows update troubleshooter and run it.

Close Windows Update, wait 10 to 15 minutes, and then run Windows Update again. You can also wait for Windows Update to run at its next scheduled time.

If issue persist, proceed to next method.

Method 2:  

If the troubleshooter didn’t detect any issues, I would suggest you to check if the Windows update service is running. Refer to these steps:

1. Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc”
  2. Locate the Windows update service and check if it is running.
  3. If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.

Method 3:

You can follow the troubleshooting “Fix It” provided in the link and check if it helps.

How to solve connection problems with Windows Update

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/how-solve-connection-problems-windows-update 

Additional Link:

Temporary connection-related errors may occur when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941/en-us

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Regards

Vanessa

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same issue on two systems,  the troubleshooting tool finds and "fixes" the issues, then later the "upgrade to windows 10 home" fails again. I run the tool again and get the same failures.  This is on win 8.1 and another system with win7 sp1. 

So I have tried method 1 running the tool,  method 2,  windows update is running. I can see other updates are "successful" ,  method 3 have gone to the link and has no additional information.

I was watching my network activity and it looked like it was downloading something, then went flat after about 30 minutes.  then see the error in update history again. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.