Will Recovery Partition be deleted with Windows 10?

I have an MSI laptop with Windows 7 and a Recovery Partition. The Windows 10 Technical Preview download page says

"After you install Windows 10 Technical Preview, you won’t be able to use the recovery partition on your PC to go back to your previous version of Windows."

Will this still be true after Windows 10 is released?

If I install the Windows 10 Technical Preview, will I be able to put the Recovery Partition on a DVD and use that if I wish to restore my PC to factory default with Windows 7?

|
Answer
Answer

We don't know if this will be the case for the final release, but current previews do make the recovery partition in operable.

Although you can use a Rollback feature to go back to your previous version of Windows:

How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature

If you setup a dual boot configuration though, the recovery partition remains in tact and you can reinstall Windows 7 using it if you wish:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10/aef0ae63-2117-41ee-a8ea-4a3181625b08

also see:

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2021 Views 7,367 Applies to: