Updating to 10122 -- Error 0x8007002C - 0x4000D

Hello,

I'm getting error code 0x8007002C - 0x4000D when attempting to update to build 10122 from 10074.

I've done some googling on this problem. I can't find many people who've experienced it, and none on Windows 10, but I found one forum thread in which a MS rep declared that the code corresponds to a corrupt or missing file in/related to the Windows Update mechanism and suggested running the Windows Update Troubleshooter and a DISM repair.

The Windows Update Troubleshooter found nothing, but DISM /ScanHealth reported the system as "repairable." However, /RestoreHealth reports that it can't find a source from which to restore the "requested feature."

I feel like I have the solution to this problem within arm's reach, but can't grab it.

Is there somewhere I can point this to for a "source," knowing that the problem likely has something to do with WinUpdate? (I can post my DISM.log if someone wants it) Or is there just not an online source set up for Windows 10 yet (meaning I'll need to do a clean install)?

Perhaps are there any other methods to repair Windows Update/fix this issue?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated October 22, 2018 Views 2,081 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I actually cleared the Windows Update cache before my last attempt, just failed to mention it.

However, removing my mouse and doing a clean boot seems to have done the trick.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.