Thinkpad W530 bios settings - integrated graphics, discrete graphics, nVidia optimus

Seems like the install / upgrade will hang if Graphics Device in Bios is not set to Integrated Graphics. Integrated Graphics does not support multiple monitors (I have a docking station & two extra monitors) so I do need to have Discrete or Optimus setting on. My 9860 version did not upgrade to any newer version (hang after short screen flickering) until I switched the setting to Integrated Graphics. After upgrade I did change the setting back to Discrete Graphics - graphics drivers were updated on next boot and multiple monitors works ok. Would be nice if the installation would succeed also on other graphics device settings in bios.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Seems like the install / upgrade will hang if Graphics Device in Bios is not set to Integrated Graphics. Integrated Graphics does not support multiple monitors (I have a docking station & two extra monitors) so I do need to have Discrete or Optimus setting on. My 9860 version did not upgrade to any newer version (hang after short screen flickering) until I switched the setting to Integrated Graphics. After upgrade I did change the setting back to Discrete Graphics - graphics drivers were updated on next boot and multiple monitors works ok. Would be nice if the installation would succeed also on other graphics device settings in bios.

Hope you included this post in Windows Feedback app?

JMarco - InsiderDev, Intel i7-3630QM, 16gb Ram,ASUS K55-A laptop - Insider Dev Build 21390.1, 240GB SSD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

We also need Lenovo and NVIDIA to get us the required driver to fully support the w530 BIOS settings.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 11, 2021 Views 1,434 Applies to: