Stuck with error 0x8024001e when trying to update Nokia Lumia 1020 to latest Window 10 Mobile Build

On my Nokia Lumia 1020 I've been stuck on Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.12562.84. I've been forced to use this Build for a while now, at least on this phone, as I've been searching for update options. I have got the Windows Insider app installed and I've been getting "Error 0x8024001e" when trying to update from the phone itself to a new Build. I've have also been getting the message "Operation Ended With Failure"  when trying to roll back to Windows Phone 8.1 using Windows Device Recovery Tool from a PC. I would really like to update this phone to the latest and more stable Windows 10 Mobile Build but I'm running out of options. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated March 19, 2019 Views 2,463 Applies to:

A forum was created for the W10 insiders program for phones. Please use it.

Edit your post
in categories: select Windows Insider Program
Products: select Windows Insider Preview
In PC or phone: select phone

You can ask questions and get answers from other preview users and Microsoft support professionals.

Lumia 1520.3 Surface RT

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have exact same problem with nokia 1520 and download stops at 77% and never moves. I gave it 30-45 minutes and all of sudden it gives error message.

21 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rais,

I eventually got my phone to rollback to Windows Phone 8 so that I could install the latest Build of Windows 10 Mobile.

My Nokia 1020 would fail installing updates and then give me an error and every time it seemed to be a different error code and would some times pop up with a notification saying that my phone had to restart to finish installing updates. (Have you gotten this notification at all?) Clicking on the notification did not restart my phone, however.

To fix this, I went through this same process 7 times after which I gave up and soft reset my phone by holding the volume down key and power button at the same time until the phone vibrates and then restarts. After which, I went to Settings >> System >> About >> Reset your phone. After the phone has reset, I did not go through the setup process on the phone. Instead, I used the Windows Device Recovery Tool on my PC and finally, my phone was rolled back to Windows Phone 8 and then was able to update to 8.1 and finally upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile.

Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.