My phone is on the list of supported devices but I don’t see any option for Fast ring in the Windows Insider app

*Note #3*

4:35pm PST, April 21st

All affected 640 users, please see this thread --->  (click here)

*Note #2*
4:30pm PST, April 15th

Many 640 users have noted that they have not been able update to the Windows 10 Technical Preview.  This was due in part to new 640 device variants being launched and as such we did not have  POP updates published for these devices (POP is a phone-operator-pairing, such as the Lumia 640 on Orange in South Africa).  We are currently publishing update packages for all 640 devices (excluding the 640 XL which is not on the approved list due to the scaling bug).

One additional note:  If your 640 is on software version 8.10.15127.138, you won't be able to update to Win10 yet.  We're working on getting that fixed.  It's not turned on yet so you don't end up in a bad state.

Please check for updates on these devices in the coming hours as these software packages publish to the update server.  Thank you for your continued feedback!

*NOTE*

2:15pm PST, April 11th

We have confirmed that all server publishing has completed and all users with supported devices are now able to connect and download the update software to Windows 10.  If you have experienced this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Ensure that your device is on the approved device list.
  2. Uninstall and re-install the Windows Insider application.
  3. Launch the application and select the Fast group.
  4. Reboot your device (it may do this automatically)
  5. Check for updates.  Settings > phone update > (check for updates)

If you are on the previously Windows 10 Technical Preview build, you should receive the newest build.  If you are still in Windows Phone 8, you will receive a staging update (this prepares your device to update to Widows 10), and then you will receive a second update that should be the Windows 10 software.

If you have completed those steps and are not being offered the update, please continue with the steps listed further below.

Thank you!

----------------------------

For some of our users we are seeing reports that they have a supported device but are not seeing the option to choose between the Fast or Slow ring within the Insider application.

If you are experiencing this issue, please post in this thread with the following:

Device Model (Example:  Lumia 920)

Current OS version (Example:  8.10.15116.125)

Mobile Operator Name (Example:  Orange UK)

Current Windows Insider App version (Example 1.2.217.1)

Any error messages seen or screen shots that would be helpful in troubleshooting

Thank you!

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2018 Views 6,571 Applies to:
Answer
Still no update for 640 and no option to select Fast ring.

I have a feeling you're on current software version 8.10.15127.138.  Is that correct?

I've checked with the update guys and there's a strange publishing quirk for that software hop that needs to be ironed out.  It's only affecting users on that specific software version, and it looks like the 640 devices are the only ones that have it currently.

I feel terrible posting up yesterday that it was all fixed and now having to post back and say it's not 100% yet, but I want to keep everyone informed.

We're working diligently on the issues everyone is bringing up.  That's how a beta works, right?  Thankfully we learn a little more each time we have a hiccup and it'll help us get better for the next go-round.

I'll circle back when we have the update path fixed so you can get the new software.

Thanks,
Jason

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Thanks. I had also contacted some other teams via twitter to alert them. Guess MS is so big the teams don't always know what the other teams are doing so get out of sync. It frustrating when the  640 is the newest phone and it isn't included yet. I got the update on my older 520 before they took it back off the list. Like most changes but not the new contacts app.

Good news!  All 640 devices (excluding only the 640 XL which is not on the approved list) should now have updates available.  We made some publishing changes that lit up some additional POP pairings.

More info here:  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/my-phone-was-configured-for-the-fast-ring-but-i/97a22724-5215-443b-8d46-92b6800841bf

In short:  Hop into settings and check for updates.  You should be good to go now.

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.