Instructions: Create a bootable ISO file using ESD Image for Windows 10 Build 10041

If you can't wait on Microsoft to push .ISO files to testers for build 10041, you can create yours now:

Download the desired edition and architecture from the following link:

For persons requesting other languages, see the following thread:

Additional Languages for Windows 10 build 10041 - ESD - ISO

Download ESD Decrypter 4.7 (esd-decrypter-wimlib-4.7z)

You can use NTLite as an alternative to convert the .ESD file into a .ISO:

https://www.ntlite.com/

Extract esd-decrypter-wimlib-4.7z to a folder.

Put the appropriate .ESD file you downloaded into that same folder.

Right click decrypt file in the same folder and click Run as administrator

Select option 1

Hit Enter

Wait

When complete, burn to a blank DVD or create a bootable copy on a USB thumbdrive.

See article for instructions how to do that.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-dual-boot-the-latest-windows-build-with/9695dfc7-1c13-4d8d-b10b-587e78c6ac36

Persons have recommended using Rufus for best results when creating a bootable copy on a USB thumb drive.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 19, 2018 Views 230,473 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Does this work for Evaluation copy Build 10130?

Mr. Da Costa.

Is there a version of this download for Windows 10 Pro x64 build 10240

I have upgraded 2 computers with Windows 10, and was wondering whether i can use both computers original Keys to do a clean install of Win 10. 

Thank You

If you have the esd file for 10240 this converter will work. But you could downloaad the ISO directly from microsoft at.  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

If your previous product keys are for a legal genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 system then yes you can use them to get a free upgrade to Windows 10!   But first you must have Windows 7 or 8.1 installed and do an UPGRADE (not a clean install) that will verify your free upgrade to Windows 10 after that you then will be abke to do a clean install.  You will not be provided a product key! During install just click ski on the product key screens. The product key will be provided by your systems motherboard and windows will activate usimg that key.  

Also the free upgrade must be the same version of  Windows 7 or 8.1 that is installed (Home or Pro - 64 bit or 32 bit). If you want to change to a different bit version you can after the upgrade (product keys will work with either 64 bit or 32 bit).   

You can create an official ISO for 10240 for free from Microsoft without using and ESD file.  Directions for a clean install are on this page if you open all of the sub-headings.  No product key is used for activation.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Use the Edition that matches your activated Windows 10 Insider Preview, Windows 8 or Windows 7.  Upgrade by running setup.exe, choosing to Keep Windows settings and do not use any product key during or after the install.

The Windows 10 free upgrade does not use any product key to activate.  It activates based on detecting that a valid upgrade from an activated, qualifying OS has been done.

Here is one other way to transfer activation to a new install of Windows 10 between installs on the same device, that seems to work well:

http://betanews.com/2015/08/31/how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10-the-easy-way-no-upgrade-required/

You have to begin with a properly activated install of Windows 10 Insider Preview, Windows 8 or Windows 7 to transfer the activation using the method in the above article.

Don

Yes, if you have an ESD file for build 10130 it can be converted to ISO.  The ESD files created by Windows Update are not encrypted, but if it is downloaded from Microsoft directly it does seem to always be encrypted.

The pre-RTM Insider builds expire on October 1st, so should be upgraded to the most recent Slow Ring build, which is the RTM Windows 10 build 10240, before that date.

Don
Even though I am logged in as Administrator, after choosing run as admin, the window instantly closes the cmd window.  (the blue on in the instructions)
Try launching an Administrator Command prompt and then navigate to where the ESD Decrypter cmd file and your ESD file is stored.  That way you may see some message after the cmd file is launched that will tell you what is happening.
Don

@Andre Da Costa

I am trying to create ISO file after upgrading to Win10. I have saved the Install.esd file in the same folder as decrypt.cmd file. When I run the decrypt.cmd it's giving an error: Specified file not found or damaged.

How should I rectify this error?

Simple: Delete it and copy new one.
UHD fan

Sorrry to bother you Andre, but I was wondering if there is an ISO for build 11082 yet.  I 'd appreciate any info you could provide.

Thanks

Michael

Black Hat hacker working for the common good.
Use esd-decrypter-wimlib-14.