I can not install Windows 10 on a laptop Samsung RF510

Hello!

The problem with the installation of any test assembly windows 10 on a laptop Samsung RF510 and its variations (several topics in the Russian-speaking forum. Answer no. In other forums too, the answer is no). That is a common problem for all users of the Samsung Notebook Series R with the BIOS - Phoenix SecureCore (tm) Setup Utility, in particular version 03GB .. Formatting the hard disk does not solve the problem.

During a clean installation of a BIOS (with the stick or DVD-ROM) hangs on the first intro. I, like many other users trying to configure the BIOS, but nothing helps. The same situation occurs with the installation of Update after the first reboot the notebook.

If you do the installation from the stick out of the system after the first reboot and hangs on the logo. If you manually restart your computer, then load the old OS with error window.

Build windows 10 clearly do not want to work with this BIOS. Developers can finally decide this issue, because soon have out final assembly. Or maybe someone knows a solution, I beg you suggest. Thank you very much!

August 9: The only currently working on a way to install Windows 10 OS on a laptop Samsung RF 510 - a withdrawal of the native module WiFi Broadcom, replacing it with WiFi module from another manufacturer (eg Atheros AR5B225) or using an external USB WiFi module. Details on the procedure for replacing a module on page 21topics in the first post. Or wait for the decision from Microsoft.

P.S.

The problem is relevant for those laptops Samsung, as well as some other manufacturers of laptops, which is installed on the WiFi module Broadcom and has Phoenix BIOS.

Question Info

Last updated September 14, 2019 Views 74,704 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sorry my bad either way that 7260 ac is best option for now, if we are forced to either remove that broadcomm card or upgrade it to another brand, why not to upgrade it to 5ghz ac card while we are at it.

There is nothing but a maybe 10$ difference between intel 7260 ac and some other wireless n 2.4ghz cards, so why save few pennies and regret it later.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What make and modle WLAN card was used to replace the Broadcom?

Anybody?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is probably old news and wont work, BUT as i have upgrade my broadcomm to intel and have already installed windows 10 i can't test this out.

https://youtu.be/YEtQys14b5g

Does that medhod work or not.

basically you start windows 10 upgrade like normal from windows update or media creation tool, and when that first boot happens you just enter bios before windows even has time to try to install it self.

On bios you hold your power button and restart, now as far windows 10 installer things this is still that first boot, but as it isn't a reboot in the eyes of the bios that bug is avoided and windows 10 install sought start like normal.

Downside to this is that during the install windows installer wants to reboot your pc 3/4 times and you need to do that bios trick every time.

If, and i say it again IF this works it also means that if you want to do restart from windows 10 (or automatic updates do it for you) it will still hang just like during the upgrade.

So to recover for this you need to force close your pc and thwn it sought get back to windows.

But as i said I'm just speculating over here as i can't be bothered to open my laptop up again just to try this out, BUT if you are still afraid to open your laptop up what you have to lose if you try this out.

I'm not sure have this already been posted here and deemed as not working method or not, so i posted it here just in case. If this works, then there isn't need to open up laptops anymore (exempt for fixing reboot) so almost anyone could do it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I exchanged my Broadcom card for a cheap realtek RTL8188CE and the problem was solved.

Sorry this didn't help.

I asked the author of that video and he answered that he has an Atheros wireless card. So it can't be a solution for those who have the Broadcom one.
A.Rajta

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok so it wasn't a same issue afterall even tough symptoms where same, how Samsung (and Phoenix) have had so much problems with windows 10 upgrades?

This broadcomm issue and even that on that video, both give out exactly same error message on exactly same moment but other can be bypassed with right kind of boot but other requires new wlan card or new bios.

Sorry this didn't help.

Does anyone know if Samsung laptops have a whitelist for the WLAN cards that you can install? In other words, is it possible to install a WLAN card from any brand?

Sorry this didn't help.

Best opton for you is either buy intel 2760 ac, and you don't need to mess around with that broadcomm card anymore.

Yes it isn't option for all as opening up laptops is more difficult than opening up a tower pc, but you already have done so many times so why put that broadcomm back if for same trouble you could put new card in instead.

But this isn't a good fix as we as a end users sought never have to open our laptops to be able to install new operating system.

So Microsoft, Samsung, broadcomm please fix this mess before that 29.7.2016 date so even Samsung laptop users could update to windows 10.

You are absolutely right. I also tried this way many times. But couldn't succeed because of non availability. I also tried many online shops, but could not find. Yes found some one, but can't say they suitable or not. You say Intel 2760 ac .....  I tried various sites, but not found. Now from where I got it in India ?? (and drivers too)

Can anybody suggest me better solution ??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121195625756 

This is the same card that i ordered and in the listing it says that the shipping is worldwide, so i would thing that india is also a part of this same planet.

Just order that card and long as you know how to open your laptop this sought be enough to get you in to windows 10.

I goes to that link and try to purchase. But there was 1 problem I face that my bank card could not allow to that payment (may be outside of country reason) ( I don't have global card). Than I searched on ebay.in and found another card .....  "New Intel 5100 - 300mbps Dual Band 2.4 - 5 Ghz Wifi Wlan Half Mini PCI-e Card". This is some  costly then that card but its available in india too. Can I replace with this one ? Could this support to my RV 409 ?

Please give me advice.

And yes, you and KeithG_727 both correct. I searched on before for Intel 2760 ac card, not for Intel 7260 ac card.

I mentioned it correctly in my previous post.

Btw, thanks for your valuable advices. I found them very useful. Please now told me about above mentioned card.

Anil

Sorry this didn't help.

Becareful I had same issue with Samsung R519 and Windows10 build 10130 I kept having to complete restore back to W7 pro. 4 times I tried everything was good downloads were good install good RESTART PROBLEMS Stuck on Microsoft logo and loading circle. 4 times I CRW7 Then It was no more machine was Dead, so just beware.

Sorry this didn't help.

You know, I have Broadcom card in my laptop yet. So I try your above mentioned method and see also that video. I know in my mind that it could not succeed, but tried for try (for proof for others). And yes, I was right. I restarted my laptop and goes to bios setup, then forced shutdown. When again start, it struck on windows logo as usual.

Finally, this method failed for Broadcom card. Now only solution is either change of network card or Microsoft can fix.

Samsung is not listening, because of he is out of laptop business, Phoenix also not ( why ? don't know), Broadcom also not interesting in this matter and Microsoft -- ?? don't say about it. Now we all Samsung laptop owner just like without Mother-Father-Guardian !!!  What a tragic moment ??

And yes, 1 problem more I just saw that I can't find any Bluetooth device because my Bluetooth is off. I could not able to ON this.

Anil

Sorry this didn't help.