I can not install Windows 10 on a laptop Samsung RF510

Hello!

The problem with the installation of any test assembly windows 10 on a laptop Samsung RF510 and its variations (several topics in the Russian-speaking forum. Answer no. In other forums too, the answer is no). That is a common problem for all users of the Samsung Notebook Series R with the BIOS - Phoenix SecureCore (tm) Setup Utility, in particular version 03GB .. Formatting the hard disk does not solve the problem.

During a clean installation of a BIOS (with the stick or DVD-ROM) hangs on the first intro. I, like many other users trying to configure the BIOS, but nothing helps. The same situation occurs with the installation of Update after the first reboot the notebook.

If you do the installation from the stick out of the system after the first reboot and hangs on the logo. If you manually restart your computer, then load the old OS with error window.

Build windows 10 clearly do not want to work with this BIOS. Developers can finally decide this issue, because soon have out final assembly. Or maybe someone knows a solution, I beg you suggest. Thank you very much!

August 9: The only currently working on a way to install Windows 10 OS on a laptop Samsung RF 510 - a withdrawal of the native module WiFi Broadcom, replacing it with WiFi module from another manufacturer (eg Atheros AR5B225) or using an external USB WiFi module. Details on the procedure for replacing a module on page 21topics in the first post. Or wait for the decision from Microsoft.

P.S.

The problem is relevant for those laptops Samsung, as well as some other manufacturers of laptops, which is installed on the WiFi module Broadcom and has Phoenix BIOS.

Question Info

Last updated January 24, 2020 Views 78,001 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

I also removed the Wifi card from my RF710. Now it does not hang on the first reboot.

So far so good...

But after appr. 25% upgrading process (~85% copying files) a reboot apears and the system goes bock to previous version.

Error code: C190010-20004

Any ideas?

Regards

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a RF510 and just replaced my Wlan card with Atheros AR5B22. Everything works fine now. I had to pay 7.5 euro for the card and it is not a hard to replace it. After replacing my Internet working at high speed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Got a email reply from Samsung support today;

With regards to your concern, since the Windows 10 has just recently released, we do apologise that the current drivers are not yet compatible in Windows 10 since our system are currently updating the drivers on our website. I suggest that you need to check the website regularly regarding the updates of drivers with Windows 10 software version. This issue has already been escalated and the system engineers of Microsoft and Samsung are now working for it.

Then... why is the "Get Windows 10" tool saying that my Laptop (and everyone's laptop here) is ready for Windows 10?

What's the point of providing a software upgrade (a very big one) that will not work with my hardware?

And MS was aware of the bug with the Broadcom wlan card way before july 29th, so this is not an unexpected problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

You seem to have a problem with the system upgrade. Try to download the image of Windows 10 again in order to eliminate the possibility of error in the installation file. If this fails, then only need to clean OS installation to format the partition on which the system will be installed. That's only for the preservation of a license in that case I can not say anything.
Sincerely, dimychman

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, there!

I read some place outta here they (MS) are scheaduling a major update to correct all (???) these bugs in the next october...

The point here is... we are experiencing upgrading issues, from Win 8.1, 8 and 7 (my case)... so, remains a question, at least for me: are they working to correct the windows update (in Win 8.1, 8 and 7) or they will correct it over the .iso Win10 for the clean Win10 installation?

I saw people here making fun of those who already have bought an Atheros WLAN/Bluetooth device... but it's perfectly understandable... that's what I call "the price you need to pay to get it imediately"... after all, waiting indefinitely sucks... hehe

Well, as I said before... I'm gonna wait a bit more (about one month) to see what happens next, otherwise I'm gonna change the broadcom sucking device... :-p

Fernando Tietê.

Sorry this didn't help.

And I'll wait until you change your WLAN yourself Fernando, and then I'll do mine!

P.S.  Should we go ahead and order the appropriate Atheros adapter now so we can have it available in one month's time?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. I try to install windows 10 in my samsung rv590 (2 ways, by using .iso and through windows update) but it didn't work. I think we shouh wait MS and Samsung company (maybe 1 or 2 months) to solve this bug.

Now, i'm using windows 8.1, it's ok !!! Why are you some guy so rushed ? 

If you wanna test the new things in windows 10, you can install it by using VMware

Sorry this didn't help.

Solution: I physically removed the broadcom wifi card.

IT WORKED.

Installed and ran normally. If I install the card again, it does not work, OS does not boot. Leave it out.

-------------------------------

Windows 10 installation problem on Samsung laptop - 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 SAFE_OS BOOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0cKGAm3jDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0cKGAm3jDs

Sorry this didn't help.

That's what I keep telling. If you insert the card back and finish the job, the OS can be run. If you do restart - again will hang on loading and you must again pull Broadcom WiFi card. To work with Windows 10 should be on our laptops or change the module, or wait for the problem is fixed.
Sincerely, dimychman

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows support, you do not have to make an update for the broadcom wifi module anymore. All you have to do is tell people who have this module to swap it for the Atheros WiFi module, go to windows update and it will install a driver for this new module with Bluetooth as well.

This is what I did and Windows 10 is running happily with the Atheros module with no hang.

The case is very hard to get off and admittedly, one screw would not go home anymore, but its working fine.

I don't have a steady hand, but I did this swap and I am now happy and Windows 10 is running happily on my Samsung RF510.

Do not wait for the non update, try it today and you will not regret buying a Samsung laptop ever again.

Thank you all for your help.

A satisfied customer, Lisa.

Sorry this didn't help.