I can not install Windows 10 on a laptop Samsung RF510

Hello!

The problem with the installation of any test assembly windows 10 on a laptop Samsung RF510 and its variations (several topics in the Russian-speaking forum. Answer no. In other forums too, the answer is no). That is a common problem for all users of the Samsung Notebook Series R with the BIOS - Phoenix SecureCore (tm) Setup Utility, in particular version 03GB .. Formatting the hard disk does not solve the problem.

During a clean installation of a BIOS (with the stick or DVD-ROM) hangs on the first intro. I, like many other users trying to configure the BIOS, but nothing helps. The same situation occurs with the installation of Update after the first reboot the notebook.

If you do the installation from the stick out of the system after the first reboot and hangs on the logo. If you manually restart your computer, then load the old OS with error window.

Build windows 10 clearly do not want to work with this BIOS. Developers can finally decide this issue, because soon have out final assembly. Or maybe someone knows a solution, I beg you suggest. Thank you very much!

August 9: The only currently working on a way to install Windows 10 OS on a laptop Samsung RF 510 - a withdrawal of the native module WiFi Broadcom, replacing it with WiFi module from another manufacturer (eg Atheros AR5B225) or using an external USB WiFi module. Details on the procedure for replacing a module on page 21topics in the first post. Or wait for the decision from Microsoft.

P.S.

The problem is relevant for those laptops Samsung, as well as some other manufacturers of laptops, which is installed on the WiFi module Broadcom and has Phoenix BIOS.

Question Info

Last updated December 15, 2019 Views 76,345 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Good afternoon! If you really doubt their abilities, advised to contact the service center.

If you decide to perform all actions on their own, please be patient. You need to order a WiFi module (I put the laptop RF510 Series module Atheros AR5B225, purchased on the Internet). Software Easy Display Manager can be downloaded from Samsung for your laptop model (for OS Windows 7). Try to download it at this link:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201011/20101119132117640/Easy_Display_Manager_3.2.3.2.zip

In order not to disassemble the laptop twice (first to install the OS is turned off WiFi module, and the second to install the new module), wait for the receipt of the purchased new WiFi module.
Now prepare for the dismantling. To avoid scratching the lid recommend to lay on the table a soft cloth.
Disconnect USB device and pull the plug SD card reader. Unplug the power cord from the laptop and the battery!

It is very important!

All operations are carried out  at your own risk!

Prepare a Phillips screwdriver of different sizes (from small up to medium). Also prepare unnecessary plastic card, for example, unnecessary credit card.

Turn your notebook over and place it on the table. Remove the screw cover to access the memory and hard drive. Gently starting with holes near the mounting bolts, start to open the cover, hooking her plastic card. I'm doing a video where it is demonstrated. Keep track of where a screw you unscrewed. In some places they are different.  Remove the 4 screws securing the hard drive. Now we take out the hard drive and disconnect it from the socket (everything is on video). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DrSStuDk3g

Videos in Russian, but I will explain the nuances. The rest you'll see yourself in those activities that have the video.

Now we find a screw, which is written near the ODD. Unscrew it and take out the DVD disk drive. Now you need to unscrew all the remaining screws, including three small, located at the connection of the battery. Do not miss a single screw. One screw is hidden under the rubber feet near the optical drive (next to him on the cover is a triangle). Gently tear off only this rubber leg and remove the screw.

Now, by inserting a plastic card in the slot between the bottom and top of the hull, start gradually open the latch. You will gradually understand how it's done. The main thing is not to overdo it, not to break the latches or the elements of the case. It is somewhat difficult, but all who have tried are usually cope with this task. Once most of the latches open, you are free to remove the bottom cover.

Look where the WiFi module. It is not difficult if you have in the hands of the new WiFi module. I'll add a photo, where the module is outlined in red. As you can see, the module is attached with a single screw. Also, it wore two poles, which must be removed. Unscrew the screw. Insert the new WiFi module. Fasten the screw and connect the clam terminals.

All. You can start reassembly of the laptop. Close the lid (thrusting connector connecting HDD) and press it down at the edges to have worked all latches. Insert the optical drive and tighten the screw. Screw the rest of the screws. Connect the hard drive and screw it into place. Close the screw rubber feet. Gently slide the cover over the memory and hard drive. Try not to damage the latch. Tighten the screw on this cover. Insert the battery. Connect the power supply. Turn over the laptop and turn it on. If done properly, you will see the launch of the BIOS. You can start the installation of the new OS. Good luck!

P.S. Here's another video showdown, but there is no memory and hard drive.

Disabling WiFi module in the video with 8 minutes 55 seconds.

No other operations other than those described by me, do not need to spend. Just remove the cover, and to disconnect the hard drive and the optical drive and replace the module WiFi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTru8ktw_SU

I hope this guide will help you and other users who have not yet engaged in self-disassembling a laptop Samsung RF410 / 510/710

Sincerely, dimychman

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Laptop model Samsung R590 same issue...no boot and logo freeze..

I've removed the Wlan card (very easy, 2 screw where the ram are installed, then 1 screw to remove it) and buy an usb D-Link dongle ..

I've made the install with the rj45 cable..

Install begin..

The issue is well the Broadcom Wlan module...

Sorry this didn't help.

Somehow Samsung plus Broadcom = problem with Windows 10.
Sincerely, dimychman

Sorry this didn't help.

OK guys from Microsoft, please fix the problem with samsung rf510 or i will buy a macbook retina

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks a lot. All is work on my Samsung RF-710-S02PL

which new wlan card do you recommend for Samsung laptop?

Sorry this didn't help.

What about thouse who, like me, are trying the update right from Windows 7?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having Samsung NP-RF510-SO2US model and having the same issue.  I am not able to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.  I tried all possible methods.  All were not successful.   Finally, the system will hang during the reboot.  Waiting for a solution from Microsoft sooner.

Sorry this didn't help.

just don't bother waiting for their updates, the main cause have been found: it's the Broadcom WIFI Card installed in your laptop is causing this issue.

Change to Atheros or Intel WIFI Card and move on from there. Installation will not be an issue if you do that.

I am using Samsung RC410, and met with the same issue as you until I changed my WIFI Card yesterday. I am now running Windows 10 and replying this in Microsoft Edge

Sorry this didn't help.

i have fugired a way ))))) im using w10 without wlan card )) i have installed myfi 8 and tetherme to my jailbroken iPhone 5))) connected to my laptop through usb now im using tethered usb wifi :D 

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry man but this is not a solution, if they want people to use windows 10 they need to do it usable

Sorry this didn't help.