Getting Error code 0xC1900101-0x2000C when installing Windows 10 technical preview

Original title: Windows TP will not install

Hello, I am having trouble installing the software.

I have downloaded the Windows TP  .iso (both US and GB versions). Made a thumb-drive and multiple DVDs (both -R and +R) using "Windows 7 USB DVD download tool" and "Rufus". Additionally, I have tried 2 different "unallocated" HDDs and created an "unallocated" partition on yet a 3rd HDD that has Windows 7 installed.

Using the thumb-drive or the DVDs on either of the blank HDDs, I get the following response:
>Light-blue Windows 8 logo appears
>2 to 3 of the loading-circle white dots appear
>HDD starts to whir
>Continues for nearly a minute, then the key-board diodes flash, and the mouse laser cycles
>HDD slows down, but continues
>Eventually black screen
>The HDD light flickers a little, occasionally I heard a little action, but still black screen

I read on a different post that someone found that a wifi driver held something up.  That person required ~90 minutes to clear.

So, I tried again.  I let it stay in the black-screen condition and went to work. When I came home, no progress. Only out. Hold power button and shut down.

Eventually I thought of just looking at the files burned on the DVD. So, reconnecting the Windows 7 HDD, I fired it up and looked around. All looks fine, I see a "setup.exe" file. So, I gave the US-version .iso disk I made a try. Started out favorably. Got a Windows loading screen and a "accept conditions" screen. Then a "What do you want to keep screen". Accepted, and answered, and off it goes. It got to 16%, then stopped. Brought me back to my Windows 7 desktop with a little window that showed "Something Happened" and Windows TP could not install. Not much to go on.
So, I tried the GB version, and did the same thing. This time, it goes all the way through. 100%. So, I thinking "yea!". Then says it will restart. So, when restart, Light-Blue Windows 8 logo, 3 white circle dots, keyboard/mouse lights cycle, then black screen. Only out. Power button.
When it comes back up, it almost starts Windows 8 logo, then restarts. After long pause, brings me to a screen that says "We Couldn't install Windows Technical Preview"
Error code: 0xC1900101-0x2000C
I hit "ok" and it has restored my Windows 7 in fine working order.

So, I am stuck, no idea what to try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated October 4, 2019 Views 22,018 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for trying to install Windows 10 Technical Preview.

From the issue description, I understand that you are getting an error message “0xC1900101-0x2000C” when you are trying to install Windows 10 Technical Preview. I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

This issue could be caused due to some incorrect settings or due to a compatibility issue. I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

I would first suggest you to remove all external devices connected to the computer except essential devices like keyboard and mouse and then boot the computer and check.

Method 1: If you have installed any third party security software like antivirus program/firewall, they can interfere with the download. I would suggest you to temporarily disable and check if you are able to download the update.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and then try to download and install. Booting the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue. You can refer to this article for more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, reset the computer to start as usual. Refer to the step How to set the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting under more information.

Try these steps and let us know the results. We’d be happy to help if you need any further assistance.

24 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

Thank you for the response, but you missed the original point (and someone changed the title of this post as it originally said "Cannot Install Windows TP").

From my post above, my first many trials are with completely blank Hard Disk Drives.  No extra devices, just the motherboard, memory, powersupply, DVD drive, keyboard, mouse and HDD.  I did not connect to internet to ensure no interference.  My original intention was to do a completely clean install.  So, the dialog about antivirus, "boot to clean state" are really not helpful. 

I am trying to get a blank HDD to load the .iso file, and I get this response:

Using the thumb-drive or the DVDs on either of the blank HDDs, I get the following response:
>Light-blue Windows 8 logo appears
>2 to 3 of the loading-circle white dots appear
>HDD starts to whir
>Continues for nearly a minute, then the key-board diodes flash, and the mouse laser cycles
>HDD slows down, but continues
>Eventually black screen
>The HDD light flickers a little, occasionally I heard a little action, but still black screen

The only thing to do when I get to that point is to hold the power button and shut down.

Thank you

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Solved:  I removed the "unallocated" HDD, installed it into a different computer, with no other
HDD, tried one of the DVDs I made, IT INSTALLED!!

After this I moved the HDD back to the other computer, and all works fine.  Even upgraded to 9860.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the resolution with us which will help others facing the same problems to fix it.

If you need any further assistance, please post your query on Microsoft Community Forums and we’ll be glad to assist you with it.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Good day,

Im having the same error with a new laptop the model is HP 15-ab051nx i tried doing the same method but still the same issue i got. Can anyone have another suggestion(s). 

By the way again its out of the box just both this today (brand new). So, please need help.

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem. Brand new PC with Win 8 fails at same point.

None of these helps solved the problem.

Always reverts back to Win 8. Same error.

·

Sorry this didn't help.