error C1900101-20004 when installing windows 10

What do I do about fault C1900101-20004 when installing windows 10

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2018 Views 2,066 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for showing interest in Windows 10.

There might be a chance that some hardware might not be compatible or the drivers are not present.

So, I would suggest you to check the system requirements before installing Windows 10. You may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to find out the requirements.

Before you install

You may refer the article mentioned below to update the drivers on Windows 10 computer.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

You may refer to the article mentioned below to for downloading Windows 10 and install it.

Download Windows 10

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Sahil Bali

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

that's not helping.. i have tried everything.. i have got dell inspiron 3521.. have already updated all the drivers from manufacturer's website.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please don't giv us standard non helping answers. Ofcource we ran the test my system is fully compatible according to your test. And The drivers for WIN 7 oid are persent up to date en fully functional. Drivers for WIN 10 will not install on WIN 7. Also did the 

and it say all's well on the western front :-)

But yet again why are we surprised that a MS product does not function just WIN 98 SE was a problemless functional product.
FdM

Sorry this didn't help.

Also did

the automatic update repair tool

ect ect

FdM

Sorry this didn't help.

So I finally got Windows 10 Installed!

After maybe 15 failed attempts, with various setups,, every single time getting that C1900101-20004 error, I managed to get my hands on an old VGA cable (native motherboard graphics has no HDMI output) so I could completely uninstall and remove my Asus (Nvidea) Graphics card. I nearly had a heart attack when copying files went to 85%!

Now reinstalled Graphics with Windows 10 drivers and got the network card back in too using the Troubleshoot tool to install in Windows 7 mode. Working perfectly.

Not sure if it's worth all the hassle just yet, though it is nice to have a (native) start button back, and Cortana is worth laugh too for all of half an hour.

Sorry this didn't help.

I too am having issues and yes, enough with the canned responses. I get error C1900101-20004 at 85% data and 25% overall install. This is not working so MS, please figure it out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your answer. But I also have done all the things that have been mentioned. Removing software, hardware, rechecking for updates after each failure. Unless you or anyone else has any current solutions, I'm giving up for now. Thank you for your help. & times was more then enuff tries for me. J.Garner

Sorry this didn't help.

I too got very frustrated wit the lack of clarity on this error. My installation failed 15 times, and I trawled every corner of the web looking for answers, even translated some non-english pages for clues!

I think the lack of a definitive answer reflects that this is a pretty generic fault. Though, from all I have read those who have found a solution seem to indicate this is usually a hardware configuration problem. In no particular order here are some things that people have reported as having worked, though it should be noted these will only work for those with the confidence to dis- and re-assemble /install components. You may find one or a combination of these will fix this issue:

1) Un-install and physically disconnect any secondary SATA drives, optical or HDD etc., other than the one you are installing Windows on.

2) Un-install and physically disconnect any additional sound, graphics or network (Wi-fi or otherwise) cards you have installed.

3) Ensure your main drive is set as a Basic drive, not Dynamic. You can do this from the Disk Management utility. Additionally you may need to extend your Windows drive and/or recovery drive to allow enough space for the installation, bearing in mind that it will need about 20-30GB space just for the OS. You may also wish to simplify any further data partitions on the same drive to a single logical drive, which you can then sub-partition.

4) Check your disk for errors. Win 8 should do this automatically, unless you have somehow disabled it. In Win 7 you will need to run chkdsk utility from a command prompt. Instructions for how to do a manual check on both OS can be found here.

5) Run the SFC (System File Check) scan to check for corruption. You may also need to run the DISM tool, instructions for how to do both can be found on the forums here.

If things are really bad and these don't fix them you might need to do a repair or even a re-installation of your current windows version. I personally did this, and it was no fun at all; installed Win 8, 150+ updates then 8.1 and a further 50+ updates.. same error! It was step 2) above that finally did it for me.

If none of these work then you could try posting your error log on the technet site and hope someone get's to it.  Or wait a few months till some of the teething troubles have sorted themselves out and try again. Good luck!

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this problem today upgrading from Win10 10568 (TH2) to Win10 1607 Anniversary update (RS1 14393). It was failing consistently at 23%.

I first tried unplugging all my USB devices except mouse and keyboard. That didn't help (it still failed multiple times).

I tried downloading the Media Creation Tool. That didn't help (but it did let me see this error code after the failure).

I finally fixed it by unplugging my third SATA hard drive, my SATA Blu-Ray burner, and my NVidia Geforce GTX 760 graphics card. I switched to using on-board video just to get through the update. I'm not sure which one of those was the culprit, but with all three unplugged I got through the upgrade.

Now that the update is done, I plugged everything back in, and it's working fine.

Sorry this didn't help.