Couldn't update to Windows 10 Technical Preview

As my title says, that's what happens on install.

The error code(s) are: 0xC1900101-0x4000D

Worked just fine on my other two machines but this one is a no go.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 13, 2019 Views 8,927 Applies to:

Make sure you have full administrative privileges
If you are connected to a domain, switch to a local account
Disable your Antivirus utility before attempting the upgrade
Do a clean boot and try again
Close all open programs and make sure that PC Settings is the active window while the download completes, I notice if you switch to something else, the download will time out and fail
If you are updating over Wi-Fi, try switching to a Wired Connection.
Make sure Windows 10 is activated.
If you have any external devices attached to the machine, disconnect them (example, USB keys, external hard disc, printers, non-essential devices).

You can also try updating using the .ISO file:
Download: Windows 10 9926 English: x86 | x64 | More versions

Things to remember:

Since Microsoft made available the first pre-release build of Windows 10 in early October 2014, there has been some misunderstanding that this is not a product you should use to replace a production installation of Windows such as Windows 8 or 7 or Vista. Instead, if you must test it on a single machine, the best recommendation is to create a partition or have an a spare hard disk ready where you can install it. Windows 10 in its current pre-release state will expire and at the same time, it is unfinished work. So if you must evaluate it, the best way is by installing it beside your commercial installation of Windows.

Benefits

The benefits of testing Windows 10 on a physical partition or hard disk versus a Virtual Machine include full access to the hardware, which includes memory, graphics and input/output performance of the local disk in addition to the ability to fully experience all features of the operating system that are not accessible in a virtual environment. The biggest benefit is, you don't lose your production installation of Windows and you can reboot into it at anytime.

Things to consider before:

Backup your current installation of Windows. Because you will be making signifcant changes to your computer, you should always backup before doing so. It is strongly recommended! See links to resources about backing up by clicking the link for the respective version of Windows you are running: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1

Where can I get more information about preparing my computer safely for testing Windows 10?

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com
None of these suggestions worked for me and now my Microsoft mouse needs to be turned off and on every five minutes to get it working. Can you provide a step-by-step resolution to this error? Enough people are having this same issue that there should be a formal guide to correct the problem. Thank you.