Build 10.0.12648.133 on Lumia 930

Hi,

Just got the lumia 930 a couple of days ago, and it updated to the latest build of winows mobile 8.1. I then downloaded the insider app, and went to get the latest mobile 10 build.

It only gave me an option of fast previews, which i wasnt too worried about, as i have been runnign fast preview builds on my laptop. When I download the update, it fully downloads it, then goes to restart as usual, I get the spinning gears, but the update bar does not move. After a couple of minutes, the phone restarts, but it goes straight to the screen which shows the low battery, charging only icon (even though its fully charged). It then tries to start up again when it thinks it has enough charge (even though its fully charged), and goes back round again, switiching off before the progress bar even starts moving.

It will keep doing this for some time, and I managed to do a soft reset so that the phone is usable again but just wondered if you were aware of this issue? The build number is 10.0.12648.133.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2018 Views 1,832 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I updated my 630 to this build number from an earlier preview build(10080), kinda had no choice since this was the only update popping up for my phone, and I'd checked both fast and slow insider options. The update had been installed successfully by the time I woke up next morning and there was no out of the box step(where you set your time and region and so on after the update gets installed). My start screen looked super awesome since the UI had received a nice polishing, but that was just it! It was as if my touch is broken when I tapped the screen, it didn't do anything... Even the volume and lock buttons weren't working... So I just removed my battery and tried to do a hard reset, but a sad emoji :-( would show up after the cogwheels and the phone would reset over and over... So I rolled back to denim and tried windows insider again, and the same build number is available, again!!!!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

With regards to the outlook app, just go to settings and you can add other accounts. Managed to do so with my BT account

Sorry this didn't help.

I was having difficulty as well, I tried the cold compress method, wrapping a towel around the Gel pack, and then placed the phone on top of the towel.  Started the upgrade, and it went through perfectly.  Before this tip, the phone would constantly heat up, and reboot.  So there is a thermal issue somewhere in the phone, but only during period of high processor utilization.  The issues I have recorded so far are:

1. News Tile (Live), does not display the preview of top news items like it did in WP 8.1

2. The Clock live tile has stopped working

3. Outlook Application, where did the link inboxes go?  I have three email accounts that I track daily, and it was so convenient in WP 8.1 to link and view all inboxes together.  Can't seem to find that option in WP 10 TP.  Any ideas?

Otherwise, happy with the upgrade, looking forward to the next release, and RTM later this month.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok. Managed to sort it. Had to get phone replaced for a different reason, and tried again with update. Worked first time, so thinking problem was with phone overall.

really enjoying the new os at the moment, but battery life isn't the best, but apart from that, all good..

Sorry this didn't help.

Good morning everyone.

I tried a variant of the "chilled unit" approach last night since I was concerned about condensation building up in the phone if I placed it in a refrigerator.

I took a frozen cold compress and wrapped it in a dish towel, placed the phone on top on my kitchen counter, hit the install button for WP 10 and went to sleep.

When I woke up this morning, a earlier version of WP 10 was installed and operating with a WP 10 update waiting in the cue. That installed fairly quickly. Currently the apps are updating. Again, the phone is placed on top of a frozen compress (I have several in the freezer).

I would like to thank everyone for their assistance. Chilling the unit does indeed work, but be very careful.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please don't do the refrigerator trick.  The potential for condensation inside the device is too great and you may ruin your device.  It will also create a situation wherein your LDI (liquid damage indicator) may trip and it may void your warranty if you ever do need a repair!
That's why I used aluminum foil over ice to create a heat sink and not a refrigerator.

Sorry this didn't help.

Still no luck from my end either.

Tried to install with Icon over an ice pack.

Receiving the same 0x80070020 error message as Hicks890.

Sorry this didn't help.

that's the problem, its always been at full power, but shows low battery sometimes on the reboot, the update goes on hold until it thinks its full again, then starts to update, etc etc.

The main issue recently is that it just refuses to update, and shows error message 0x80070020 on reboot. that's if I have not had to soft reset to get it out of boot cycles....

Sorry this didn't help.

Please don't do the refrigerator trick.  The potential for condensation inside the device is too great and you may ruin your device.  It will also create a situation wherein your LDI (liquid damage indicator) may trip and it may void your warranty if you ever do need a repair!

Sorry this didn't help.

Couple things:

Build 10149 = 10.0.12648.133.  It's the same thing.

The reboot thing sounds like your device began running low on power during the update.  As a recommendation, please leave your device connected to a power supply (preferably a wall charger) when installing updates.  The update process is very CPU intensive and requires a lot of juice to complete.

Hope this helps!

- Jason

Sorry this didn't help.