Build 10.0.12648.133 on Lumia 930

Hi,

Just got the lumia 930 a couple of days ago, and it updated to the latest build of winows mobile 8.1. I then downloaded the insider app, and went to get the latest mobile 10 build.

It only gave me an option of fast previews, which i wasnt too worried about, as i have been runnign fast preview builds on my laptop. When I download the update, it fully downloads it, then goes to restart as usual, I get the spinning gears, but the update bar does not move. After a couple of minutes, the phone restarts, but it goes straight to the screen which shows the low battery, charging only icon (even though its fully charged). It then tries to start up again when it thinks it has enough charge (even though its fully charged), and goes back round again, switiching off before the progress bar even starts moving.

It will keep doing this for some time, and I managed to do a soft reset so that the phone is usable again but just wondered if you were aware of this issue? The build number is 10.0.12648.133.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated March 8, 2019 Views 1,863 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Have you made any changes to the phone prior to this issue?

This issue occurs if the required updates are not installed, or the internet connectivity is poor.

Make sure you have installed all update to install Windows insider preview builds.

Also make sure you have good internet connectivity.

Make sure you have preform soft reset correctly:

Soft Reset

The soft reset is the same thing as pulling your battery (on devices where that is possible). This method will not remove anything at all from your phone and is completely safe to attempt in any problem situation.

You perform the soft reset by having your phone turned on. Then press and hold the volume down + power buttons until your phone vibrates and restarts. Note that you should not touch the device screen during the process (not even when the 'slide down to power off' prompt appears).

Example of situations where the soft reset should solve the problem:

• An app that usually starts won't start
  • The camera won't open
  • The device starts using too much battery
  • The device starts behaving oddly

I would also suggest you to update to the latest build 10149:

Refer to the blog

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/06/25/announcing-windows-10-mobile-insider-preview-build-10149/

Hope this information help and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Thanks.

Regards,
Yaseer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

"I would also suggest you to update to the latest build 10149"

I tried this morning but was unable to download Build 10149 and received build 12648 on my Icon (see earlier post this morning). Since they are very similar, is this an issue with the handset?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same exact issue with my icon.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Steve.

This is what I have tried (multiple times) to this point:

Soft Reset, does not work;

Hard Reset, does not work;

Hard Reset, without the installing the minor update which addresses the restart issue, does not work;

Hard Reset and deleting the NFL and Facebook apps, does not work.

In all Hard Reset cases I do not restore the phone (start off fresh), allow the Nokia/Microsoft apps to update and do not link the email program to my exchange account. My goal here being to have as bare bones an installation as possible. 

In reading up on the error message, there have been some comments about the possibility this is due to a bad internet connection, In my case, I have a high speed Comcast network, so that should not be an issue here. In fact, I leave the phone several inches away from the wireless router.

At this point I am at a loss. Have you tried anything different so I can eliminate it going forward?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've done multiple hard resets, too. I also did not restore, but did a fresh install each time. Funny, I even put the phone a few inches from the wireless router. No love, yet.

Sorry this didn't help.

Two more questions: Are you trying to download WP 10 in your Icon without a SIMM chip? Are you trying this in the middle Atlantic states? The reason why I ask this question is that when I travel to Austin, I sometimes have trouble with my phone. When speaking to customer service, they have told me that their software in Texas is a bit different than my home state.

Sorry this didn't help.

I got it to install! It was getting very hot during all off the previous attempts where it showed a low battery. I saw on WPCentral that someone got it to install in a cool room at their office. So, I put it in the refrigerator.

Steps:

Charged it to 100%

While still plugged in, download the Windows 10 update.

When the phone restarts to start in update, unplug it and...

Put it in the refrigerator, with the back touching a cool shelf

The install, where the screen displays the gears, took 35 minutes in the refrigerator.

After the that process ended, I took it out, and let it finish migrating the data

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, so have been off for a few days, so apologies for not replying sooner.

In answer to the first questions, the phone was new, and apart from one 8.1 update, no other changes have been made.

I have a fibre broadband connection, so internet is definitely not an issue.

When things have gone wrong, I have no issues with soft or hard resets as and when may be needed. Normally a hard reset is needed when it goes on the endless loop, but its more worrying when the battery icon shows up when it’s on full charge, and I can’t get it to a proper reset as its constantly trying to start and then update again. If that happens again, I will do as I did last time and use the nokia recovery app.

Not sure what build 10149 is, and it still only gives me the option to download the build in the question title, so not sure if that relates or not?

I’m located in the UK, and my service provider is o2.

Other than the freezer trick detailed above, I’m not sure what else to try!

Thanks again

Sorry this didn't help.

I will give it a try when I get home from work. Although I am concerned that putting the phone in the refrigerator might result in condensation inside the phone.

Sorry this didn't help.

I too read something about a cold room.  Originally I was unable to get 10136 installed because of the spinning gears reboot loop issue.  I gave up and reverted back to 8.1.  I then tried installing 10149 this past Thursday and had the same problem again.  I eventually gave up again.  This morning I came across some discussion around doing it in a cold room.  I took a plate, put ice cubes on it, then put a piece of aluminum foil on top and rested the phone on the foil.

The update went perfectly smoothly.  I did hard reset afterwards just to make sure and it's running fine.

So, there definitely is a thermal sensor shutdown situation going on with the 1520. 

I couldn't find the original post I read, but this one covered similar territory.  Hopefully this helps others.  I will be doing all future updates in this same fashion.

McP

Sorry this didn't help.