***EDIT*** 10/13 @ 2:21pm PST
If you are on a Dell Venue 8 Pro (or other similar form factor device), please review the blog notes. You will not be able to install this build due to a known issue that will cause the install to hang and then roll back. If you fall into this category, this is a known situation and you will need to wait for a future build to update.
Blog notes here:
We've seen a few reports that users are seeing blue screen errors during the download or install of build 10565. We'll be actively looking at error logs that come in via telemetry and would like your feedback on your machine setup so we can isolate the potential cause.
If you're experiencing this issue, please post in this thread and share the following information:
- What machine type do you have? (ex: Dell XPS 13)
- Current build number prior to download? (ex: 10240, 10547)
- Which (if any) anti-virus software clients do you have installed?
Also, please share the the "bucket ID" of the crash being seen. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open Start
- Type "Reliability History" and open the control panel feature
- (Reliability Monitor will generate a report, please wait while this happens)
- In the list of recent events, please locate the new failed update error
- Click "View technical details"
- The bucket ID should be listed on this screen. Share this bucket ID along with the other items requested above
Stay tuned to this post for updates/edits. Additional information will be shared as it becomes available.