Awful experience with Win Up trying to dl 14371

12 hours ago I saw that 143471 was available having installed 14367 easily a few days ago   Since Store download of Office Mobile has been broken for a week, I decided to install 14371.  The progress bars ran to 100% in the usual phases 1) Preparing to Install 2) Downloading 3) Installing but when it got to 100% in the last "progress bar" phase, instead of rebooting to finish the installation it simply showed me a message that "Your device is Up to  Date".  I rebooted a few times and no joy. I had plenty of space. The progress bars all made it easily to 100% and they would not have otherwise. and haven't had any problem with the last 5-6 builds that Dona has flown out rapidly.

My guess was at first that there could be a temp server glitch but they would have tweeted that out quickly and they haven't.

I applied the regedits that are supposed to fix this and they were no help.

TIA

Hi,

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work towards fixing this situation for you.

I suggest you to reset the Windows update components by following the steps provided below and try the update again. Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components and help you to install the Windows Updates quickly. 

Please follow the below steps to reset the Windows Updates Components:

1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

4. Now, restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

rou

5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.

6.After restarting the computer, now retry to install Windows Updates.

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately you were downloading and installing build 14371 when they stopped it on the servers,

then released build 14372 the next day.

Microsoft is going to be quickly releasing many builds now till late July 29 when the final build is expected.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2018 Views 40 Applies to: