Question

Q: 950XL on Fast Insider Ring unable to get 10586.29 update

I'm excited to try the new 10586.29 build released to Insiders yesterday and have had my new 950XL (on AT&T) signed up for the Fast Ring since I got it, but every time I check for updates it says that I am up to date. Is there something I can do to manually trigger eligibility for the update? Or are there known issues preventing certain 950XL devices from properly receiving this update? (Many others on /r/windowsphone on Reddit are seeing the same behavior.)

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Still no update available on my Lumia 950. Re-entered in Fast ring several times but every time I select Fast ring in the Windows Insider app, the phone needs to be rebooted. Which is very strange. Looks like some setting cannot be done.

On my lumia 920 the app made the phone only reboot once, even when I selected the same over and over again.

Is there a way to check whether the phone is setup for Fast ring? I saw in the Insider app, on the info page, the I'm in the fast ring. But is this so on the server (microsoft) side too?

It looks like I cannot subscribe to the insider program anymore using the insider app. When I want to leave the insider program, the app tells me that I'm not subscribed.

Update: reinstalled app, re-enrolled in Fast ring, I'm insider now ... but no update!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your interest in windows 10 mobile preview.  
We understand your issue with 10586.29 update on my Lumia 950 and I'd certainly help you, to resolve the issue.

I would suggest you to follow these steps, mentioned below, to fix your issue:

Soft reset:

The soft reset is the same thing as pulling your battery (on devices where that is possible). This method will not remove anything at all from your phone and is completely safe to attempt in any problem situation.

You perform the soft reset by having your phone turned on. Then press and hold the volume down + power buttons until your phone vibrates and restarts.

Note: You should not touch the device screen during the process (not even when the 'slide down to power off' prompt appears).

For more information, refer to these link, mentioned below.

How to soft- and hard reset your Windows Phone:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/wiki/mdlumia-mdsettings/how-to-soft-and-hard-reset-your-windows-phone/4ec36474-c21e-4aec-ad1b-30f3afaf824d

Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.29:
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2015/12/04/announcing-windows-10-mobile-insider-preview-build-10586-29/

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the update now.

But I reset my phone to factory settings. That was because of other issues I had which I thought my former restore would cause. That I received the update might be an effect of resetting

Sorry this didn't help.

Exactly the same here. Poland, 950XL - no update available.

Lumia 1520 without any problems, got 10586.29.

Sorry this didn't help.

Didn't work on the 950XL, even after uninstalling/reinstalling the wi app.

Other ideas? You guys are making it really tougher than needed to be an "insider"

Sorry this didn't help.

BTW after the latest retry to "uninstall" windows insider it left a blank icon/listing in start menu all programs then allowed reinstalling from Store. Please fix this app install/reinstall/restoring user data bugs in win10 already

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, no help with soft reset ...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi All,

Thank you for your responses and apologize for the inconveniences caused.

To fix this issue, I suggest you to use the Windows recovery tool and revert back to Windows 8.1. Later, install the Insider Preview app from the Windows Store and then Configure using Fast Ring method. Once configured, restart the phone and then go to Settings<Update and Recovery and check for updates. You will be offered with the latest build, which is 10586.29.

Restore to previous version using Windows Phone Recovery Tool: http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987

Note: We highly recommend that you make sure you do a backup your phone before restore to previous Operating System.

Hope this helps. Please do get back to us with the issue status so that we can continue to assist you further.

Sorry this didn't help.

Revert a 950/950XL back to 8.1? LOL these came with Win10 10586.0 preinstalled.

Really is this the type of answer we get here?

SOFTWARE FIX PLEASE ASAP MS

Sorry this didn't help.

@Microsoft Support - please read the first post in this thread....carefully....

The OP has a Microsoft Lumia 950.  

How long has this phone been available ?  Literally, only days.

Which build was the phone released with ?  Windows 10, probably 10568.xx 

How is anyone with a 950 or 950XL supposed to roll "back" to Windows 8.1 ?

Granted, there are a lot of "Insiders" with other (older) phones to whom this fix may apply, but what are the new users - of your new flagship phones - supposed to do ?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 18,117 Last updated: May 18, 2018 Applies to: