15002 - 15007 - Error 0xC1900101-0x20017

I had a fine performing W10 Pro up to 14986.  It is a mundane HP notebook with the resources to run Insiders.  I recently said Insiders was boring. 

15002 downloads and goes through the install and config and on this re-start, it just quietly comes back to life as 14986.  It has thrown the error as show.  I recall on 1 occasion it gave a BSOD and restarted.

I have done the 15002 download several times.  I used an ISO to reinstall 14986 with same result.  I used an ISO to install 15002 with the same failure.  15007 has just done the same thing.  A new notification icon is showing with 1 new entry bit it refuses to show the notification.  The dropout occurred at the same spot.

I have run the Update Troubleshooter a couple of times and it does identify issues and fixes.  I have removed Malwarebytes but left Norton.  It has no plug in's attached.  I have removed both Wireless cards and removed extra memory over factory.  I checked and downloaded what I believe to be the latest AMD drivers.

I am open to suggestions.  My next step might be to clean install with 15002 or 14393.xxx.

Mel

I know you like norton, but why not try cleanly uninstalling it, reinstall build 14986, and upgrade from there? The fact that they made norton compatible with one of the former builds is all well and good, but when the next build comes with many changes and new files, the former compatibility doesn't carry forward. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yesterday I took one of my laptops back to 14393 with a clean install and was looking to get 15002.  Had to re start Insider and then get to Fast ring and it did not get the update.  Tried again this morning before leaving for 6 hours.  No go so I left it on and when I got home no 15002 but 15007 was waiting to download.

Took 3 restarts with a second laptop with 15002 on it to get the download of 15007 started.

Now I am at the 3rd laptop and I to restart an the Internet was dropped at 17% after the restart.

Here at 1015 I just did the restart.

Edit:

Additionally.  Since I had copied the Download Folder, and save to another drive, I was able to reinstall some 8 programs including 3 browsers without having to go any where than File Explorer and the saved folder.

-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This problem went away with 15014.  I had wiped my hard drive with AOMEI to no avail.   Following the wipe, Media Creation Tool gave me W10 Home rather than Pro.  I was able to give it a W10 Pro key and after another long update, it did come back as Pro so I let it hang at 14393.693 until I saw 15014 and moved to Fast Lane.

All is good.  Let the games continue.

Mel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This problem has been solved for me.

The Insider response system is a bit lacking - lol.  I keep getting the old  run-a-around.

Why not something that just works

1   Why have to sign in every time.  

2   I often try  to sign in on a non Insider PC.  It is  hit and miss at best.  Sometimes it hits, but often not.   This Insider was dead for 2 builds.  After many tries, could get a response on a non Insider.

3   Happened just now.  Tried on the non-insider.    Would not take.  Had to copy my reply, send with email to the Insider.

3   Now I seem to be looped on the Insider.  Cannot Mark response as answer.

4  Going for a walk to clear my head.

Mel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 140 Applies to: