14342.1001 - Stuck at Windows Screen After Install (Mobile)
We are seeing reports of users getting stuck at the Windows logo screen after the post-install reboot for build 14342.1001. We're actively looking into this issue.
Workaround: although much longer than usual, waiting 30-40 minutes at the Windows logo screen allows the device proceeds as normal with data migration and finishing the install.
If you hit this issue, please wait this extended time and allow the install to complete. It is also recommended to plug your device into a charger to help prevent excessive battery drain while the update process completes.
*edit* 2016.05.16 @ 19:50 PST
For some users, waiting 30-40 minutes didn't complete the install. Looks like forcing a reboot will help in this situation. If you have waited and the install did not continue, do the following:
- Hold the Power + Volume Down keys for 11 seconds
- The device will vibrate and reboot
- Allow the device to reboot
- Device should continue with installation
- If the device again stops at the Windows logo screen, please leave the device connected to a charger and wait
This bug, while a bit painful to work through, does not break your device. Please be patient during this update and your device will complete it as expected.
We'll post continued updates in this thread as needed.