Question

Q: Surface Pro 3 crashes when it is Shut Down and then cannot be restarted on Build 16288

I installed build 16288.  I had put it in stand-by for about an hour and when I tried to wake it up, it crashed with the green screen.  It collected the info and it shut down.  After trying everything to boot it including having it try to do an Automatic Repair. I had make a recovery disk and install windows 10 from it.  I installed build 16288 again and restarted the Surface with no problems.  I set up my software again and rebooted with no problems.  I decided to shut the Surface down completely and when I tried booting it again it will not boot again.  Any ideas?

I have re-installed windows 10 build 10586 onto the computer and cannot upgrade to the Creators build.  It fails every time.  I have done a clean reset and still doesn't upgrade.  I have downloaded the Creators ISO and it fails. The upgrade tool fails to install the update.  I have turned on the insider program and it doesn't see the updates.

And on a side note, if Microsoft happens to read this I am tired of them trying to shove Edge down my throat from constantly popping up recommending Edge to forcing me to use it to do this.  I cannot use Firefox or Maxthon.

Unfortunately my Surface crashed sometime during the night and I am back to reinstalling Windows again and all my programs I use on it.  

Funny thing is that some phones crashed after the build put out on Tuesday (mine didn't crash) and they acknowledged it and had a new build on Friday, our Surface crashes and cannot be restarted and not a word.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello,

i have the Problem with Build 16362 (RS_PRERELEASE) too.

Fast startup disabling has the Problem not fixed.

I have Build 16353 recovered.

Best regards from Germany 

Matthias

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

A year or so ago I was thinking of buying a Surface Pro but when I saw all the problems owners were having I changed my mind.

A person would think the Microsoft lab would have many Surface Pro's and would make sure that at least Microsoft products would have less trouble than any other computer system.

All of this can't be good for Sales.

Sorry this didn't help.

This fixed the issue on my Surface pro 3. Many thanks :)

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 371 Last updated: May 18, 2018 Applies to: