Paging down in start menu goes more than a page. Also the disapearing bar you use for paging gets annoying.

Is someone working on these issues?

This is one of three win 10's I've worked on since returning to our winter senior mobile home community in FL. Two more and hopefully I'll be done. Oh I think someone else is having a printer connect problem.

Three were upgrades from 8.1 and one is new with 10 pre-installed. 

On the new had problems finding where to start the factory restore media creation. Let alone the clients loss of their pw (stressed over loss of husband and return from attempted move to her sons in England) and changing from old desktop to laptop, getting used to touchpad(seems to be ignoring suggestion she purchase a mouse), as well as how to handle cds and built in drive.

Went thru entire start menu with her explaining all apps I knew but her being stressed yet I dont know how much sh will remember.

The vendor is also calling everyday wanting to know progress also.

Conversions of XP's to Linux =3 and working on a couple more possibilities.

Hi,

Thank you for posting Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to solve it.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please answer the below question(s) for better diagnosis:

1. What is the exact issue that you are facing?
2. Can you provide us with the screenshot of the issue?

Meanwhile to troubleshoot the printer problems, please run the printer troubleshooter and see if the problem persists. To run it, please refer the below link:

Also if the start menu is causing some issues, please refer the answer given by Sharath Srinivas dated January 23,2015 and check if it helps:

Please get back to us so that we can solve your issue at the earliest.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Didn't get to the printer problem yet. but I think you miss interpreted the start menu issue.

The urgency of the person returning from England with the new laptop having taken most of my time is finally resolving after determining the DVD media might have been the problem in creating the restore DVD's, or the DVD drive itself might be marginal.

Finally connected her to her WiFi and after setting IE as the default browser helped her put t he bank and email urls in the favorite bar.

Urgency of a retired military couple reportedly having problems revealed that someone told them defender would protect Win 7 as it does 8 and 10, so bought up defender  in his presents and asked him where was the latest update indicated.  Promptly installed security essentials and turned off remote assistance.

Another couple returning from Canada was complaining about not being able to sign onto their email.  Again found no antivirus program running and remote assistance turned on.  Did get a reset url from MSFT for their Hotmail acct will get to it today. Still have to talk them into upgrading to 10 along with another couple who have  laptop with 8.1 which they refuse to use preferring an older xp desktop which I converted to Linux.

Another wants to setup and be instructed on the WOW machine no creating restore media on that, like the chromebook it's more like a dumb terminal, (no pun intended, as it might be a good thing).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 21 Applies to: