Discussion

How to Uninstall OneDrive completely in Windows 10 ? here are the instructions! This thread is locked from future replies

in previous Windows 10 Builds (for example in Windows 10 Build 9879) I was able to uninstall manually and completely OneDrive from Store (the modern version) and from Add/Remove Software (the desktop version) without troubles.

but now in Windows 10 Build 9926 I can find a way to uninstall OneDrive.

what can I do now to uninstall it ?

well, I've made an uninstaller tool to remove OneDrive completely in Windows 10, I hope is useful for everyone until Microsoft fix the issue.

here is the tool: http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/IfLGZv7J/file.html (it does not have virus, is just a false positive with some AV due the file is a batch code).

and here is the code:

@echo off
cls

set x86="%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe"
set x64="%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe"

echo Closing OneDrive process.
echo.
taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe > NUL 2>&1
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

echo Uninstalling OneDrive.
echo.
if exist %x64% (
%x64% /uninstall
) else (
%x86% /uninstall
)
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 10 > NUL 2>&1

echo Removing OneDrive leftovers.
echo.
rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "C:\OneDriveTemp" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1

echo Removing OneDrive from the Explorer Side Panel.
echo.
REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1
REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1

pause

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

I am afraid to inform you that in Windows 10 Technical Preview there is no option to uninstall/remove OneDrive.

Hope this information answers your question, write to us if you have any other issues.

it was possible in previous Build, thats why I'm reporting this.

Hi,

This is how it has been made, in Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9926 many changes has been made in OneDrive.

You can follow the instruction given under the section New ways to use OneDrive: of the link given below.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2014/11/12/new-build-available-to-the-windows-insider-program/

Hope this information helps.

I already known that article, and there is no mention about that OneDrive can't be uninstalled now.

you should know that there is no sense to have OneDrive process running and consuming part of the system memory if you are not using OneDrive at all, because is a waste of resources.

in previous Build I was able to uninstall OneDrive completely without troubles.

so this is a problem of the Build 9926 only.

welcome to windows FORCE YOU AGAINST YOUR WILL edition

where Microsoft forces things on your computer that you don't want, all while removing other controls settings and customization that you have enjoyed for years.

MELERIX, you probably saw this already, but there is a post by Duroska_Lion describing how he deleted onedrive Here

Reply In reply to deleted message

MELERIX,

Nice job with the batch file to remove OneDrive from Windows 10. Any one else trying this, note I had to change System32 to SysWOW64 to get it to work. Probably a difference between 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows.

Shem

Hi,

I am afraid to inform you that in Windows 10 Technical Preview there is no option to uninstall/remove OneDrive.

Hope this information answers your question, write to us if you have any other issues.

This is unacceptable.  We do not work for you.  We are paying (or soon to be customers) being forced into spyware features we do not want.  There must be an option to disable this feature.  Has Microsoft forgotten so soon the lessons from Xbox One?  For a refresher, please see these sales figures:

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/ps4-vs-xbox-720-which-is-better-1127315

I bought one at release and felt like I had installed a big brother wall unit in my home.  Your company must consider than many users, especially developers are very sensitive about privacy.  We will find another OS if this kind of thing continues.

Nice work MELERIX, Don't forget to see if its still in the WinSxS files. 

Further to this, to prevent the explorer menu having the "onedrive" option, you need to set the value of "IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree" to 0. This is in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6} (in build 10041 anyway).

I believe that Confucius said it best when he said, and I quote, "Microsoft, stop being dicks, and listen to your customers."

remember how the whole metro thing went? I get that you're a techie, and not management, but can you at least raise this? Although this is just one small feature, this is a MASSIVE step in the wrong direction. MS should not be bundling bloatware, and if they do, there should at least be an easy way to kill it completely. 

Discussion Info

Views: 217906 Last updated: December 13, 2017 Applies to: