10581: Storage settings and SD card info

Hey folks -

As mentioned in this morning's blog post, there's some details we want you to understand in regards to default save locations for storage and SD cards on your phone:

You will be unable to set your default save locations via Settings > System > Storage and will not correctly reflect the current storage settings. If you are using a SD card in your phone, it will show up as a garbled name in Storage settings. Whatever you had configured for your save locations in the previous build will be the same.

If I hard reset my phone on 10581, what happens to my storage settings?

Phone storage settings go back to default (which is "on phone") and you cannot change on this build.

If I upgrade from an earlier build to 10581, what happens to my storage settings?

The phone will respect your previous storage and default save location configurations. So, for example, if you had configured your SD card as the default save location for apps in a previous build it will still be respected on 10581. 

If I had configured my default save locations to an SD card, will my apps and other data still be accessible in 10581?

Yes, your apps and data should still be accessible. The problem only impacts the ability to configure and change the default save locations in this build. 

Discussion Info

Last updated April 27, 2019 Views 9,357 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The apps in sd card will work or not if I didn't reset in this build..
Ok. Usually when we do a hard reset, the phone asks us if we'd like to keep all the media on SD card and usually SD Card will be the default .Will it be the same now?or will the default be set to Device irrespective of the SD card.??
If I'm on 8.1 and Update to this build,will it respect my SD Card settings? 

Error : Formatted SD CARD : But it automatically fill with lots of Storage ( Modern Era : Please take care of basic stuffs ).

I go to about : Reset phone with SD card - but What I found ( SD card - not reset with phone )

Regards, @Aakash006sharma

AAKASH SHARMA
After hard reset a phone on 10581, the default save location is On phone
just a silly doubt.It wont migrate the dats already on my sd card na?
Will we be able move apps from phone to SD manually? Will they work?
After restoring from a backup storage is set to SD?
If I want to take a hard reset and then use the USB cable to move the photos and files from the phone to the USB card, will it work?
Anything about Lumia 530 :( ?