Windows 10 Randomly freezes, must hard reboot

I installed Windows Technical Preview 32 bit on my Toshiba laptop. Recently, it started freezing randomly and the only solution is to hold the power button to shut down. This mainly happens when downloading updates or opening the windows store.

I reinstalled windows 7 and everything worked fine, so it must be a driver problem or something like that. After reinstalling windows 10 cleanly, the problem reoccurs.

Please help me solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Nam.

***Post moved by Forum Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Question Info

Last updated November 23, 2018 Views 37,508 Applies to:
Answer
Reply In reply to deleted message

I was on another thread with the same problem, only difference is 25 pages of information.  After going thru hell and high water with this problem, I have finally fixed the issue. 

Although I had a new computer, built myself with all the bells and whistles, the issue was the BIOS.  Three updates of the BIOS since the motherboard was first introduced (less than a year old).  Once updated to the third iteration the system works without any issues.

Before anyone goes thru all the motions, check your BIOS even if like myself have a motherboard just purchased and less than a year old introduction. 

15 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.