Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly

This has only started happening recently I've been running the technical preview for a while 

I get this with and without logitech drivers installed on a g500 gaming mouse

Basically the problem is that I left click once and maybe 30% of the time it will register a double click 

This is actually incredibly frustrating, say you go to click the start menu a double click will open and then immediately close the start menu 

or trying to move a window, usually you would mouse down on the application title bar and then move the mouse to position the window 

but with this bug you left click and then the mouse registers a double click and maximises the window so you can no longer reliably move your windows around 

this behaviour also happens inside games it's particularly problematic in hearthstone 

Question Info

Last updated December 11, 2018 Views 104,154 Applies to:
Answer

I personally believe this type issue is going to be a mouse/hardware issue. I personally believe there is basic flawed design in the mouse that allows gunk to build up/prevent proper clicking and/or those switches (button 0 and 1) fail more often due to the type of use they get.

Having said that, you can test to verify if it is windows issue or hardware issue by...
Control Panel> hardware & sound > Devices and printers (mouse)
When at "mouse properties" on the "buttons" tab there should be an option to switch primary and secondary buttons. 

This is meant only for you to test and see if same issue occurs when the buttons are switch (the left becomes the right) ... It WILL be very disorientating to say the least. But this is how I determined it was not a software issue for ME or MY games. Once you have the buttons switched, try to move windows around with hold/drag. That clinched it for me as the hardware and not the software...

Hope this helps :) I have had this type of issue on 3 different mice, (two logitech one razor) and it drove me nuts for months on end (XP pro and vista 64)

264 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.