You will need the following package from AMD:
1. Run the extractor
2. Close the Catalyst Installer when it comes up
3. Navigate in Explorer to C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.4_Legacy_Beta_Vista_Win7_Win8\
4. Right click on Setup.exe
5. Select Properties.
6. Go to Compatibility tab.
7. Tick Enable Compatibility.
8. Select Windows 7 from the drop down.
9. Hit Apply and then OK.
10. Run setup.exe
11. Upper progress bar will remain empty lower progress bar will fill an annoying amount of times.
12. A couple warnings asking you to confirm the driver change should pop up, select Yes/Install, not no/cancel.
13. Progress bar deal again, screen should switch to low resolution and back.
14. Eventually, the Installer will say it's complete with a green check mark.
Notes: If you don't already have the other AMD components (CIM, runtime perquisites, AMD support packages etc.) installed, this will take much longer.
Also turn off any antivirus during this process or the catalyst installer -WILL- freeze during installation and the virus scanner will also freeze. You will have to system restore if this happens, otherwise subsequent install attempts will invariably fail.
Works on my Dell Laptop with an ATI Radeon HD 4200 Mobility.