Realtek High Definition Audio (Speakers/Headphones) volume level very low with Windows 10 build 10074

I can see from the forum that there has been a lot of discussion regarding Realtek Audio problems, but it is hard to get a clear idea of what the current situation is expected to be with build 10074.  Anyway, using a fresh installation of build 10074 on a Dell Studio XPS 435, speaker sound volume is very low, even with everything set to 100% maximum. Default Playback device is displayed as "Speakers/Headphones. Realtek High Definition Audio". Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated March 19, 2020 Views 21,562 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I had no sound to on a 5.1 surround system. After the driver update had no sound manager installed and tried other drivers but win 10 would not install the sound manager that I need to set up 5.1 surround sound. The way I fixed it was I went into the drivers file Vista64 I right click on RAVCpl64 and ran it as admin. It installed the sound manager and put it back in the control panel again. Now I have my sound again. With out the sound manger my 5.1 will not work. This is a hd realtek sound controller.

31 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.