Miracast not working on Windows 10.

Original Title: Miracast

Miracast worked when I first purchased HP laptop- now it doesn't. How do I fix this?

Answer
Answer

Hi Chonny,

You may be facing the above issue due to non-updated or incompatible device display adapter installed on the computer. Presence of faulty, non-updated, incompatible or corrupted device drivers will result in irregular performance of the device on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

1. Since when are you facing the above issue?
  2. What happen when you try using Miracast? Do you get any error code or error message?
  3. Did you try updating Miracast Adaptor Wireless Display adapter on the computer?

I suggest you to update the Miracast Adaptor Wireless Display adapter from the Device manager manually by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Device manager from the context menu.
  2. Expand Display adapter option, right click on Miracast Adaptor Wireless Display adapter and select Update this software from the context menu.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
  4. After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective by connecting to Miracast device.

Refer to the link below on Project to a wireless display with Miracast and check if it helps (applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/project-wireless-screen-miracast

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of Miracast not working on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 2, 2020 Views 4,219 Applies to: