Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies

Microphone disabled Windows 10

Larry Martin_1956 asked on
My microphone was disabled in the install of Win 10. I have a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960. Nothing has a problem in the Device Manager but when I click on the Microphone driver detail is says "No driver files have been required or have been loaded for this device." I reloaded the drivers as well and windows said the operation was successful. Still no mic operation. 
498 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Anish A Kumar replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if the drivers for the microphone are not compatible or are not installed
successfully on the Windows 10 Technical preview.

Have you tried to run the 'hardware and devices troubleshooter'?

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings, your sound card or driver, and your speakers or headphones.

Open Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio playback.‌ If you're prompted for an
administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Method 2: You need to make sure that the microphone is not disabled.
a. Right click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
b. Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, Show disconnected devices and Show disabled
devices
c. Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Method 3: Please uninstall the drivers which you have installed before you go ahead with this method. As per the model number, find the link below for the audio drivers, which as you can see is compatible with Windows 7 32/64 bit.

Please download the drivers and install them in compatibility.

Once the download is complete follow these steps to install the driver in compatibility mode and check.
a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on properties.
c. Click on the compatibility tab and check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for
and select Windows 7 operating system from the drop down menu.
d. Click on Apply and click OK and run the file to install it.

Please follow this link for reference.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows.

The above link is applicable for Windows 10 Technical preview.

Method 4: Install the latest updates from Windows and also check for optional updates. Update to Build 9860 which has improvements on most of the problems reported for Windows 10 Technical preview.

Check out this website for more information on Build 9860.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.
65 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress