Just got an update for Inventec-LAN driver for Win 10 (9879)

I just received an Optional driver update, Windows 8.1 and later. I find it odd because I check every day and this is the first I've seen it. It was released on November, 2014 and it's for "Inventec-LAN,other hardware-Inventec PCIe GBE Family Controller." I'm running Windows dual boot with Windows 7 on a Samsung SSD and Windows 10 (9879) on a Intel SSD. I'm running a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

When I check on "More information" or "Support information", nothing is available. Anyone else see this?

Edit: I checked under device manager, network adapters, update drivers and it automatically updated the driver. I hope that's a good thing < smile > 

Question Info

Last updated August 22, 2019 Views 17,107 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the issue description, I understand you are facing an issue with device and drivers.

Microsoft has launched Windows 10 tech preview version. As the windows 10 is a testing environment there are no drivers available from computer manufacturers. If you are getting any optional driver update. I suggest you to install it and check. If you face any issue with Windows 10 tech preview, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.