Info: Win-10-compatible versions of Acronis True Image

After some testing, the following versions of Acronis True Image Home do / do not work for me:

2011: Does not install, also not in compatibility mode for Win-7 or Win-XP. Installer denies installation right at the beginning.

2014: Works fine, no compatibility mode necessary.

2015: Works just as fine. They have given this version an overhaul of the whole GUI and it is now much easier to use and somewhat "app-like". I like it. It shrinks down my 27 GB C-partition to a mere 7.8 GB.

I tested on a core-i5 PC (motherboard: Asus H87 Pro) with Win-10 build 9879 (64 bit).

The result is nice because Acronis drills deep into the OS and works quite close to the hardware. Not bad for an early beta!   :-)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 18, 2019 Views 23,378 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thanks for the info!

I am using 2014 Premium at the moment. This one works fine on Windows XP SP3, XP x64 SP2, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1. I am waiting for Windows 10 to be release before I upgrade to True Image 2015, or whatever comes after that and that is compatible.

The 2015 version should not have any issues with Windows 10 as Windows 10 is made to be backwards compatible with all the Windows 8.x software. There may be some minor discrepancies that could cause problems, but we shall see when Windows 10 is finally released. The same goes for True Image 2014. If Acronis is willing to release a patched version of True Image 2015, any problems introduced with Windows 10 will go away. It all depends on the software vendor really. As far as I know True Image 2015 is still supported, and will be for the coming months. But True Image 2014 is not, so those users (myself included) will be out of luck if there are any incompatibility issues with Windows 10 once it is released.

As a side not, I can inform you that Disk Director 11 is not compatible with Windows 8 and 8.1. Up until recently, version 11 was the only version available. Acronis does not prioritize the Disk Director product as high as True Image. The Disk Director 11 installs on a Windows 8.x or Windows 10 system just fine. It even runs! But it has some issues with these systems under the bonnet. As I recollect, only the GPT partitioned disk drives appear in the window, but MBR disks do not. Don't take my word for it, it was some time ago. But I know it did not work as expected with all partition or disk types. It's only recently that Acronis finally decided to release a version 12 of Disk Director.

You can expect this kind of under-the-bonnet issues with True Image as well. Merely being able to install a software on the system does not guarantee that it will be operating normally under all conditions. So it's best to make sure the software vendor lists that system as compatible, before you make a buying and migration decision.

Has anyone tested acronis 2012 version?

I have Windows 10 (not preview) and True Image 2015 rel 6613. I am able to clone with no problems. When I attempt to boot the cloned drive my problems begin. The sign on screen appears but when I enter my password the spinner takes for ever but finally my home page appears. It has no buttons or icons.  It commences a very annoying flash (10 times / sec ?). My only option is ctrl-alt-del.

Note this does not happen when I boot from my regular hard drive. Would a virus know the diffeence???

I just upgrade from W7 Home Edition 64bit SP1 to Windows 10. My main hard disk contains two partitions C: (System) en D: (Data). Before upgrading I made images of both partitions with Acronis True Image 2014 and put them on a portable hard disk as backups. One in Windows 10 I inadvertently erased a given data file. No problem, I thought, because ATI2014 can easily restore any particular singular file from an image. Helas: no such thing; a previous file version could not be found! I then decided to restore the complete D: partition. Normally this takes an hour or so, but now it took only a few minutes. Then a big surprise: after restarting de pc it appeared that de data partition D: was completely missing from Explorer: all data (starting from around 1985) LOST. Then I decided to fall back on W7 from without W10 (can be done within a month). After this operation I had to define a new partition D: with a partition manager and then ATI2014 behaved correctly: the data image was found and restored without any problem at all. I am no computer expert, so I have no idea what caused this malfunctioning of ATI2014. Anyone a suggestion how to avoid this mishap?

I have Windows 10 (not preview) and True Image 2015 rel 6613. I am able to clone with no problems. When I attempt to boot the cloned drive my problems begin. The sign on screen appears but when I enter my password the spinner takes for ever but finally my home page appears. It has no buttons or icons.  It commences a very annoying flash (10 times / sec ?). My only option is ctrl-alt-del.

Note this does not happen when I boot from my regular hard drive. Would a virus know the diffeence???

I have exactly the same problem with cloning my drive with Windows 10 Professional Installed I end up with the  spinner onscreen  and if I  Control Alt -Delete  I get the desktop up flashing and can only shut down the computer .

Has anyone tested acronis 2012 version?

I just upgraded to Win 10 Pro and tried installing ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE HOME 2012 with the Plus Pack, but the Installer denied the installation and a quick search advised me that it will NOT allow the setup.

Is there a work-around?  Can't keep buying 'updated' s'ware when MS releases new OS!!!

Hello BD

I've always upgraded Acronis True Image as soon as they notify me of a new version.  I am currently running 2016 and it works just fine with Windows 10.  Acronis 2015 also worked fine with Windows 10.

I've never had any compatibility problems with Acronis products.

Just sayin' .....

I aborted Windows 10 because it does not accept Acronis Trues Image 2012.  I am still hoping someone can offer a solution.  Neither Microsoft nor Acronis were of any help

Claude

I accepted the uninstall of True Image 2012 to complete the install of Win 10, and have had no success in trying to communicate with Acronis. They provide no website support on past versions of their products. I could not even submit a question.

Jim

iwojimajim
Had the same issue after updating from windows 7 to 10 on a G61 HP laptop. Constant freezes & lock-ups mainly when using both Microsoft Edge & Firefox. Tried pretty much everything including SFC & HP's own diagnostics, checked & adjusted power settings etc. etc. Then found a comment about a conflict with Archonis True Image & Windows 10 if using an older version of Archonis' software. Removed said software from system, that incidentally I installed with a new SSD, & "hey presto" no more freezes/lock-ups (fingers crossed). Just thought I'd put this out there & hope it might be helpful to someone in a similar position.