New forum on Microsoft Community – Microsoft Edge
December 13, 2017
We are happy to announce that we have launched new forum – Microsoft Edge.
Visit the Microsoft Edge forum to ask for help or share ideas for doing more in your browser experience.
IDT High definition audio codec not working on Windows 10 technical preview
Is any one else facing similar issues related to Sound card..Any suggestions to resolve this ?
I had a same problem on HP Envy 23 1080jp All in one desktop PC.
I can solved as following.
1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
2. Select Driver tab.
3. Click Update Driver... button.
4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.
5. Select -> Let me pickup a list of device drivers on my computer.
6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next.
Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.
7. ! Windows has successfully update your driver software.
Key is step 6.
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
1021 people were helped by this reply
Thank you for your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview.
Let you try and assist you with the issue you are facing.
Please answer to these questions:
1. What is the make and model of the PC?
2. Have you tried installing the latest driver for this device?
Please check if you see any yellow exclamation next to the device on the Device Manager.
To open Device Manager, click on Start, and type 'Device Manger' in the Start search.
Open Device Manager and check the status under "Sound, video, and game controllers"
Technical Preview should work with the same devices and programs that work with
Windows 8.1, but you might need to update or reinstall some of them.
Try updating the driver and check if it helps:
b. Click on
"Sound, video, and game controllers" to expand the list.
c. Right-click on IDT High definition audio codec and 'Update driver'.
d. If there are no update available, then go ahead and reinstall the driver by clicking on 'Uninstall'.
e. Restart the PC. Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it on the system.
Let us know if it helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.
157 people were helped by this reply