How to adjust brightness in Tablet mode?

I've got a Sony Vaio Duo 13 that I just migrated to the technical preview from 8.1 So far I'm loving it with one exception. In 8.1 you could swipe from the right of the screen and quickly adjust the screen brightness. Thus far I'm unable to find a quick way to adjust screen brightness without opening up the keyboard and using the physical hotkeys. Clicking on the "Display" shortcut brings up basic display options, but none of them are a brightness control. 

Is there a fast access to screen brightness control anywhere? This is a feature that I miss greatly. 

Thank you,

Matthew

I agree. I am really missing the ability to very quickly access brightness and volume settings while using my venue 11 pro in tablet mode. I like a lot of the changes in Windows 10, but so far there has been a huge setback in tablet usability

38 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a Surface Pro 2 and am having the same issue. I can no longer adjust the brightness quickly, or for that matter, at all anymore. I can not find any place to adjust the brightness.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree.  I miss being able to change brightness easily.  for now the workaround I'vr foind is to use the adjust brightness link from the power context menu.  On the desktop taskbar select and hold the battery icon on the taskbar.  A menu will appear select 'adjust screen brightness'.  That brings up a page where you can modify the brightness.  its not great but it does work.

26 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried that too. When I adjust the slider though, nothing happens. I've turned all settings as dark as they will go, and still no change.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's a work around, but do a search for:

Windows Mobility Center

When you open it, it should look like this:

For the record, this BETTER not be the way they expect me to adjust the brightness on my SP3 once Windows 10 is full release. Until they give us better tablet centric features though, this works, if nothing else.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried that too. When I adjust the slider though, nothing happens. I've turned all settings as dark as they will go, and still no change.

This didn't work on my Surface Pro 3 until I went into Device Manager and deleted my video drivers, rebooted, verified video was bad (open MSN News and swipe from right to left - should look really bad). I then did a Windows Update to re-download the drivers and rebooted. On reboot, the power manager sliders worked, and so did the Windows Mobility Center applet.

Hope that helps

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 22, 2023 Views 15,845 Applies to: