DVD/CD drive in WIN-10 Tech Preview

WIN 10 Tech Preview Built 10041, does not recognize the DVD/CD Drive. I installed WIN-10 Tech Proview (64) on a new partition as a dual boot with my existing WIN-7 Pro. In WIN-7 Pro (64) the DVD/CD drive is working fine but in WIN-10 Tech Preview (64) it can't recognize it and I tried in Disk Management but WIN-10 could not see it. I ran scan for new devices in Device Manager but did not work either. Any suggestions on how to solve this would be appreciated.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

You might give this a try...

1. Run Command Prompt as an Administrator. Right click the Windows Icon on the lower left corner. It will be on the list that opens.

2. Copy and Paste following and hit enter

reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

3. Type Exit and hit Enter

4. Reboot the system.

180 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

If you access the registry through the RUN command I think you need to enter the data manually, but have never tried it...

The Windows Icon I mentioned is the little square icon on the far lower left corner of your desktop.

If you right click on it you should see Command Prompt (Admin) in the menu.....

Just click on it and copy\paste the entire Reg.exe.... /d 0x00000001 into it...   much easier.

87 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 18, 2020 Views 39,106 Applies to: